Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tiny blisters on roof

G

Grahammf

VIP Member
That’s great news , l am hoping to get new roof fitted February, after a 2 year
Good news. Using the email for Harry Clarke elsewhere on the forum I have made contact and now have confirmation that a new roof will be ordered under warranty. When I don't know, but at least we have traction and hopefully the new batch will fair better....
Would you mind giving me the email for Harry Clarke, I can’t find it now I want it. Our local dealership is stalling on the roof blister issue! Thank you and best wishes

DPS20K

Our MP has gone into Mercedes Basingstoke today for a new roof, only a month after we first reported the blisters to them. The new roof is already painted and ready to go on so hopefully will have it back in a couple of days. Our MP is a July 2021 registered vehicle, so supposedly after the roof issue was fixed, but it was covered in blisters after the cold spell in December. I hope the problem with these roofs is resolved now and we don’t end up in the same place 12 months from now!

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
We are seeing the same problem & after reading this we will contact the dealership

thanks

DPS20K

Update on our roof replacement. All went very smoothly and they have done an excellent job, inside and out. I can recommend Mercedes Basingstoke if you need your roof replacing. Less than a month from 1st reporting the issue to job complete. Now just hoping the Westfalia have actually sorted the manufacturing problem.

StevieG

We had our 2020 MP serviced in August 2022 by Inchcape MB dealership in Nottingham and specifically asked them to inspect for any roof blisters. They confirmed that yes, unfortunately there were blisters visible and the roof would need replacing but they’d have to confirm with Germany. That was 6 months ago. I’ve chased for an update just about every month since. When I visit the dealership they say it’s still with Germany; when I call they never return calls. Anyone with experience of any better dealers in the East Mids area? Or a direct contact to MB? Thanks!

DPS20K

We had our 2020 MP serviced in August 2022 by Inchcape MB dealership in Nottingham and specifically asked them to inspect for any roof blisters. They confirmed that yes, unfortunately there were blisters visible and the roof would need replacing but they’d have to confirm with Germany. That was 6 months ago. I’ve chased for an update just about every month since. When I visit the dealership they say it’s still with Germany; when I call they never return calls. Anyone with experience of any better dealers in the East Mids area? Or a direct contact to MB? Thanks!
Our replacement was approved under warranty the day after the dealership inspected it for the first time and then new roof arrived with the dealer two weeks later. I’d give your dealer some stick, and tell them to talk to Mercedes UK customer services, or go to another dealer.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Mine was inspected at Exeter Feb 2022 and approved for a replacement roof, I was told at the time there were on back order and might take a while.

Chased in Aug 2022 and got an out of office reply and no response a couple of weeks later when I tried again.

Went in yesterday, over a year later, and was told still on order and that one other client waited 18 months so be patient and they would contact me when they get it.

There was no apology and not the least bit of empathy, needless to say I told her what I thought but it was water off a duck back.

I'm done with, MB never again! I'd get rid now as it's a good time, but we have plans for this year, so roof or no roof spring 2024 it's going.

DPS20K

Mine was inspected at Exeter Feb 2022 and approved for a replacement roof, I was told at the time there were on back order and might take a while.

Chased in Aug 2022 and got an out of office reply and no response a couple of weeks later when I tried again.

Went in yesterday, over a year later, and was told still on order and that one other client waited 18 months so be patient and they would contact me when they get it.

There was no apology and not the least bit of empathy, needless to say I told her what I thought but it was water off a duck back.

I'm done with, MB never again! I'd get rid now as it's a good time, but we have plans for this year, so roof or no roof spring 2024 it's going.

Give Mercedes Basingstoke a ring and see what they say. Their service was excellent all the way through, and they kept me informed without me having to chase them at all. Can’t understand why my roof arrived within two weeks of reporting the problem and yet you are being told they are on back order.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Give Mercedes Basingstoke a ring and see what they say. Their service was excellent all the way through, and they kept me informed without me having to chase them at all. Can’t understand why my roof arrived within two weeks of reporting the problem and yet you are being told they are on back order.
Got to be better than Exeter!! They are my nearest dealer but still a 2.5hr round trip. Truro and Plymouth are part of the same dealership, I enquired at Truro but they won't tread on each other toes. Poole is closest I think maybe 3 hrs drive

I"m not in a rush to have the roof replaced, it's only cosmetic and not visible. I'm happy to wait but I don't like being messed around, not kept informed and then given an off hand remark about waiting 18 months, it's not acceptable.

I've taken this up with MB customer services.

rogerjames

Got to be better than Exeter!! They are my nearest dealer but still a 2.5hr round trip. Truro and Plymouth are part of the same dealership, I enquired at Truro but they won't tread on each other toes. Poole is closest I think maybe 3 hrs drive

I"m not in a rush to have the roof replaced, it's only cosmetic and not visible. I'm happy to wait but I don't like being messed around, not kept informed and then given an off hand remark about waiting 18 months, it's not acceptable.

I've taken this up with MB customer services.
Mercedes Dartford were very good, all done within a short period of time.
Long way from you, though.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Since contacting MBUK customer services regarding my concerns over the time taken to replace the roof, a new one has been appeared as if by magic at the bodyshop and will be fitted next week. Just a shame it has to be fitted at Marsh Barton

RichardP

2 1/2 years after having our roof replaced, the blisters are back again, albeit not very many and not very large ones. The van is nearly 4 years old and we didn’t get any paperwork when it was repaired last time under warranty. Interested to see what they say about replacing the roof again.

• Sad
Reactions: KDM

KDM

2 1/2 years after having our roof replaced, the blisters are back again, albeit not very many and not very large ones. The van is nearly 4 years old and we didn’t get any paperwork when it was repaired last time under warranty. Interested to see what they say about replacing the roof again.
Sorry to here this. We have a silver 2018 and no blisters to date. Ours is out during the day where in the summer it can hit 95%F with ice and snow in the winter. It does spend the nights garaged though. All the best getting them to repair it--again.

LadyEdiSpencer

I’ve just had the forth roof fitted. 2018 250AMG. The last one was replaced January 2021. When I spoke to my dealer I was told as a goodwill gesture they would fund 49% of the new roof but I had to pay circa £3500 up front. £7000 for a new roof!!!
I challenged this with the CEO at Mercedes HO. At first they agreed with the dealer but after a few emails, admitted that the roof was only modified by the manufacture in December 2021. It was then a clear cut case. Roof replaced.
If you want more details/copies of letters, let me know.

LadyEdiSpencer

Sorry to hear this. We have a silver 2018 and no blisters to date. Ours is out during the day where in the summer it can hit 95%F with ice and snow in the winter. It does spend the nights garaged though. All the best getting them to repair it--again.

RichardP

I’ve just had the forth roof fitted. 2018 250AMG. The last one was replaced January 2021. When I spoke to my dealer I was told as a goodwill gesture they would fund 49% of the new roof but I had to pay circa £3500 up front. £7000 for a new roof!!!
I challenged this with the CEO at Mercedes HO. At first they agreed with the dealer but after a few emails, admitted that the roof was only modified by the manufacture in December 2021. It was then a clear cut case. Roof replaced.
That’s great info, ours was replaced in September 2020, so clearly using the still defective part.

LadyEdiSpencer

That’s great info, ours was replaced in September 2020, so clearly using the still defective part.
FYI
Hi Andrew,

I don’t think the retailer would be able to order the previous part anymore and it’s not something they would hold in stock but the part numbers are:

A 447 650 22 00 & A 447 650 52 00

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Hi, it has taken months but we finally have the authority from Mercedes to have our first reroof so I would be very grateful if you could please send me the letters that allowed you to get yours done 4 times. Ours is a MP 2021 December model & had roof blisters
Much appreciated
Marilyn