Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof racks

sashko

I have put thule wing bar 150 cm wide. There is enough place to place any other cargo near from the box, like reddel, surfboard...

Method7

I’m not sure about 150cm, I measured and that seems like the bars are slightly wider than the pop up roof. I think I’m going to order 135cm and give them a go.

sashko

You can see here some photos about 150 cm racks

Method7

here are some of my 1350mm

Attachments

• 47CC6276-0A17-42A9-A358-42AAC302422C.jpeg
    47CC6276-0A17-42A9-A358-42AAC302422C.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 0EB40E3F-032F-4B77-9668-DBBD78944791.jpeg
    0EB40E3F-032F-4B77-9668-DBBD78944791.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 168

Method7

Looks neat, what is the model number? 762? 962?

Bars 1350mm 962B
Feet 753
Fitting kit 3084

They fit well but be sure to ensure the feet are located central over the T channel.
In the current position I get very little wind nose from them, a slight whistle rather typically between 50 and 60 but it’s hardly noticeable and I’m sure it could be adjusted out if it becomes a niggle.

Last edited:
hi All,

Thule seem to be replying to people saying they don’t have a compatible kit which only leaves the very industrial looking £290 kit from westfalia

However I discovered the thread below which has this working combination:

The Thule roof rack is composed of three parts.

1. Thule 763 square tube, is also available as Aluschine.

2. Tuhle Kit 3084 fixed point XT (183084)

3. Thule 753 footset low fixpoint

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/grundtraeger-fuer-marco-polo-bj2016-von-thule-gesucht-t5584863.html
Hi I'm a new owner of a mp, I've asked Mercedes, halfords, thule, none of them can give me a definite answer as regards fitting roof rack &roof box so I've just read all the comments on the oners club site it seems to make sense, I hope your all correct about the fittings, thankyou for the information, regards john.

Neil Dickson

I tried unsuccessfully to contact Thule who essentially ignored a request to specify a wing edge bar - without obligation for fitness - so have just ordered the 127cm kilt from the club shop!

Bars 1350mm 962B
Feet 753
Fitting kit 3084

They fit well but be sure to ensure the feet are located central over the T channel.
In the current position I get very little wind nose from them, a slight whistle rather typically between 50 and 60 but it’s hardly noticeable and I’m sure it could be adjusted out if it becomes a niggle.
Hi, Im about to buy a amg marco polo after a year deciding! Do you know if the 450l MB Box fits with the Thule combination you shared?

Method7

Hi, Im about to buy a amg marco polo after a year deciding! Do you know if the 450l MB Box fits with the Thule combination you shared?
I cannot say for certain since I don’t have a roof box but the Thule rails are engineered in the same way to accept mounting a number of other ancillaries.. I would be confident enough to buy a MB box if I needed one... I have had a couple of OEM MB racks in the past and they appear very similar to the Thule.. I would also buy some steps because I am 6 foot and it’s not that easy getting up there lol.

SteveR

I have a MB roof box that I haven't used in years and I shall be putting up for sale soon. However I cannot try for you as I don't have bars on my MP. I do agree with Method7 that MB roof bars on past vehicles are very similar to Thule and I seem to recall reading somewhere that they were made by them but could be mistaken. If I were to decide to use the roof box I would be confident that it would fit on the bars - Agree on the steps too :)

I cannot say for certain since I don’t have a roof box but the Thule rails are engineered in the same way to accept mounting a number of other ancillaries.. I would be confident enough to buy a MB box if I needed one... I have had a couple of OEM MB racks in the past and they appear very similar to the Thule.. I would also buy some steps because I am 6 foot and it’s not that easy getting up there lol.
Thanks so much for your reply. This is re assuring to hear. We were told by MB dealer they don’t fit! It’s funny how little they seem to know. Glad there’s a great community of owners to help each other.

I have a MB roof box that I haven't used in years and I shall be putting up for sale soon. However I cannot try for you as I don't have bars on my MP. I do agree with Method7 that MB roof bars on past vehicles are very similar to Thule and I seem to recall reading somewhere that they were made by them but could be mistaken. If I were to decide to use the roof box I would be confident that it would fit on the bars - Agree on the steps too :)
I think your right. Going to get the van first and have a quick in situ recki! Ladders... Yes!

ianwoolner

Hi folks, this is a really useful thread, thank you, we have two Kayaks and bought the Westfalia sports carrier and two Kayak Adapters - really sorry to say but they are a really bad design. Not being the tallest person on the planet I need as much help as possible lowering Kayaks to a manageable height! :) - I want to use the Thule Hullavator Pro and that attachment seems to work with the Square Bars. I am still unsure how the Thule kit locks into the rails but you guys seem well versed at this LoL.

Method7

I am still unsure how the Thule kit locks into the rails but you guys seem well versed at this LoL.
Hi Ian, it’s not easy to explain but I will give it a go.. the Thule roof mounting kit is basically a upside down T shape that fits in the groove of the roof rails of the Marco Polo. Two Allen keys pull the parts together and tighten the bracket down onto the rail while the T but being wider than the slot holds it all together.

ianwoolner

Hi Ian, it’s not easy to explain but I will give it a go.. the Thule roof mounting kit is basically a upside down T shape that fits in the groove of the roof rails of the Marco Polo. Two Allen keys pull the parts together and tighten the bracket down onto the rail while the T but being wider than the slot holds it all together.
Hi Method 7, thats for the explanation, it works perfectly! many thanks! I have no idea why Thule say they don't have a solution for Marco Polo's! :)