Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof racks

PeteC

Hi @ianwoolner
Did you manage to get the Thule Hullavator attached in the end? If so I'd be keen to hear of your experience with the bars, Hullavator, Kayak loading etc
Steve,
Take a look at Karitek too. Great bits of kit for loading gear esp. kayaks onto the roof. I've not used one on the MP but had one on the old T5 years back with no issues.
Can probably direct mount one too, but also definitely fit to Thule bars with their clamp round the bar system.
Pete.

SteveR

Steve,
Take a look at Karitek too. Great bits of kit for loading gear esp. kayaks onto the roof. I've not used one on the MP but had one on the old T5 years back with no issues.
Can probably direct mount one too, but also definitely fit to Thule bars with their clamp round the bar system.
Pete.
Thanks @PeteC
Definitely worth looking into. Particularly if carrying more than a single Kayak for example

Cheers

Method7

Hi, may be very dummy question.
When you have roof box - can you open the roof (with just empty box still on it)?
Yes you can, all info is in your handbook and on the forum if you want more detail. Off the top of my head, I can’t remember exactly but I think the max weight is something like 50 or 60kg… which may be questionable since there are reports of cracked roofs, possibly unrelated to roof loads but adding weight can only increase the risk.
I carried (without lifting the roof) a whole load of building materials and often carry 4 surf boards, wet suits and a huge parasol, with the kids sleeping up top.

Andrzej

Hi All,
I'd like to reopen that thread as I bought MP W639 and I'm thinking of installing box on the roof.
I found all parts in the shop, just would like anybody to confirm that this mounting kit fits MP rails, could you check it and confirm?
https://www.e-bagazniki.pl/czesci-d.../kity-thule/seria-3/kity-thule-3084,6129.html
just wonder how this kit attaches to the rails, not having T-shape fixing bolts...
or maybe I have to attach mounting kit to any of the holes in the rails?
please advise or maybe send some closeup photos of already mounted kit..
thanks in advance for your time

tenlester

Hi All,
I'd like to reopen that thread as I bought MP W639 and I'm thinking of installing box on the roof.
I found all parts in the shop, just would like anybody to confirm that this mounting kit fits MP rails, could you check it and confirm?
https://www.e-bagazniki.pl/czesci-d.../kity-thule/seria-3/kity-thule-3084,6129.html
just wonder how this kit attaches to the rails, not having T-shape fixing bolts...
or maybe I have to attach mounting kit to any of the holes in the rails?
please advise or maybe send some closeup photos of already mounted kit..
thanks in advance for your time

Hey,

I got this: https://www.nosice-stresni.cz/detai...benz-v-class-marco-polo-4-dr-autobusus-2014-/

It means:
TH753 - bottom. It fits the T-section in the roof.

TH3084 - mounting kit. It connects the rail and the bottom piece.
+ All Thule bars are compatible with the TH3084. The length should be 150 cm (roof rails have 130 cm + 10 cm on each side).

Remember that the maximum load (including roof rack and roof box) should be 60 kg maximum. As a result of overloading, car roofs often crack.

Andrzej

Hey,

I got this: https://www.nosice-stresni.cz/detai...benz-v-class-marco-polo-4-dr-autobusus-2014-/

It means:
TH753 - bottom. It fits the T-section in the roof.

TH3084 - mounting kit. It connects the rail and the bottom piece.
+ All Thule bars are compatible with the TH3084. The length should be 150 cm (roof rails have 130 cm + 10 cm on each side).

Remember that the maximum load (including roof rack and roof box) should be 60 kg maximum. As a result of overloading, car roofs often crack.
Hi Tenlester,
many thanks for your help. now I have alternative for
Tuhle Kit 3084 fixed point XT (183084)
Thule 753 footset low fixpoint