Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo - Pop top roof cover?

Roy C

I'm going away at the end of February (Norfolk coast) so thought a Comfortz roof topper would be a good idea but the shop says they are out of stock. Also wanted to check that the possible issue with a gap at the front had been resolved with the redesign?

Roy C

I’m in the same predicament. I want to buy a Confortz cover but not available.
I’ve looked at the Rainbow Screens ones on line (mentioned in an earlier post) and I am favoring getting one of these now anyway. The video review on their site comparing with Comfortz is worth a watch.

sashko

If I'd like to use MP at -30 degrees in Lapland, Which cover I must to choose? Which is the warmiest?

Roy C

If I'd like to use MP at -30 degrees in Lapland, Which cover I must to choose? Which is the warmiest?
According to the review the rainbow screens one is the most insulated and it is reversible so there is a shiny side that stops snow sticking to it. I can’t attest to if it can cope with -30 but you’d certainly need a warm air heater as well!

Comfortz

Hi Everyone, apologies we've not had chance to look at the roof cover for the last few month - are there any volunteers to come spend the day with us so we can iron out the last couple of issues with the roof cover? Chesterfield S44 6BB.

Method7

Hi @Comfortz will your roof covers work when a roof rack is fitted? We have yet to decide on one of these and a windscreen cover but we are a little concerned about the fit.

I guess the MP design will be similar to your California product where it fits to the edges of the roof and the roof rack will pop through between the edges of the aperture and the water is then channeling away via some design feature?

PaulE

A couple of sneak preview pictures from the weekend - should be ready to launch by the end of January :) Oh and the External Thermal Insulated Screen Cover it pretty much completed too.

Are the pop up cover and windscreen cover sold separately or do they come as one?

Roy C

My wife has just made an internal liner (with some interference from me) out of curtain lining material. This will not protect the outside but will stop drafts coming in through the canvas. She has attached velcro tabs and we have used self-adhesive velcro on the internal metal rim on the roof and on the plastic surround at the bottom so it can be secured. We're going away at the weekend to Norfolk so we will be able to test it out if, as expected, it gets a bit chilly overnight even if the weatherman is promising 18 degrees centigrade on Saturday.

My wife has just made an internal liner (with some interference from me) out of curtain lining material. This will not protect the outside but will stop drafts coming in through the canvas. She has attached velcro tabs and we have used self-adhesive velcro on the internal metal rim on the roof and on the plastic surround at the bottom so it can be secured. We're going away at the weekend to Norfolk so we will be able to test it out if, as expected, it gets a bit chilly overnight even if the weatherman is promising 18 degrees centigrade on Saturday.
Man

Pompierke

Hallo, ik ben nieuw hier, ik kom uit Belgium en mijn Engels is niet zo goed ... mijn vraag: zijn er geen problemen met de isolatiedakkap van uw winkel als er geen ventilatievenster is?

KDM

A couple of sneak preview pictures from the weekend - should be ready to launch by the end of January :) Oh and the External Thermal Insulated Screen Cover it pretty much completed too.

Ah, sweet looking rig! If I was not familiar with this vehicle I might be tempted to suspect MI-6 or GCHQ were up to something funny in there. ;-)

KDM

Has anyone had issues with the top leaking when open in the rain (alluded to above)? I had not yet and have been on here and the Club's Facebook page almost daily since we picked ours up in April 2019. We've only used it for day trips so; but plan some overnights this fall now that it's cooled here in Italy and the tourist mobs are mostly gone.

SteveR

Has anyone had issues with the top leaking when open in the rain...
We had one night of heavy rain in strong blustery winds so the rain was coming in almost horizontal. Had some rain come in through the upper vent in the pop top and while not soaked, it was enough to dampen the drivers seat somewhat. Woke me up as it splashed my face! Next day it was heavy rain but less wind and not a drip.
If faced with similar weather in the future I'd be inclined to lower the roof and use the downstairs bed. The wind was strong and I worried about the pop top coming apart but it held up very well thankfully

Reactions: KDM

KDM

We had one night of heavy rain in strong blustery winds so the rain was coming in almost horizontal. Had some rain come in through the upper vent in the pop top and while not soaked, it was enough to dampen the drivers seat somewhat. Woke me up as it splashed my face! Next day it was heavy rain but less wind and not a drip.
If faced with similar weather in the future I'd be inclined to lower the roof and use the downstairs bed. The wind was strong and I worried about the pop top coming apart but it held up very well thankfully
SteveR, thank you that, certainly makes sense.