Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo - Pop top roof cover?

Does anyone know if an internal topper that can remain in place when the roof shuts is available?

It was mentioned earlier in thread that Branderup are making one, anyone seen it for sale or even better got hold of it?

I have recently contacted Brandrup regarding a permanent internal pop top and they responded saying that they currently do not have one in their range and have no plans to produce one

funkyegg

Hi guys, I'm currently in lake district for a long weekend and also trying out the new pop-up roof cover I purchased from here. It seems there is quite a bit of gap on the front part of the cover and can do with a few more inches of fabric. I've followed the instructions to cover the front roof first and make sure it's well positioned and snug but as soon as I fish covering the back of the roof the front part of the change over gets lifted up a bit leaving a gap. It looks nothing like the pictures advised here. I will post some photos when I'm back at home on Monday but just wondering if anyone else has the same issue...

Matt

I bought the Comfortz one from the shop. Having used it at 4C, it definitely made it a little bit warmer / less damp but the biggest advantage for me was that it was much darker so I didn't wake up so early. I did have a small gap at the front last time I used it but I assume that I did not pull it forward enough when I put it on

Comfortz

Hi guys, I'm currently in lake district for a long weekend and also trying out the new pop-up roof cover I purchased from here. It seems there is quite a bit of gap on the front part of the cover and can do with a few more inches of fabric. I've followed the instructions to cover the front roof first and make sure it's well positioned and snug but as soon as I fish covering the back of the roof the front part of the change over gets lifted up a bit leaving a gap. It looks nothing like the pictures advised here. I will post some photos when I'm back at home on Monday but just wondering if anyone else has the same issue...

Give us a call when you're back and we'll take a look - we'll grab you're vehicle details when you're back too, to make sure we're not missing something.

funkyegg

Give us a call when you're back and we'll take a look - we'll grab you're vehicle details when you're back too, to make sure we're not missing something.
Cheers Nick will do. It's a nice cover and well made, but will definitely benefit with some extra material in the front part. We have put it up for three nights and always started working from the front to the back but doesn't matter how much slack we give to the front the gap will always show as soon as the the back roof is covered.

Alun

Very wet camping in Wales this weekend with regular pop top roof - not a hint of wicking or leakage described in previous posts.

Paul Mc

I’m having great difficulty sourcing a good quality roof cover (rain proof with some thermal protection) for my new (2018) Marco Polo Sport.

Mutze cap, Comfortz Leisure and Vanorak covers are currently not available for the 2018 V Class Marco Polo.

My only option seems to be the Thais Premium Cover, which is designed to protect the roof from rain, wind, noise and isolates from cold and heat.

Just wondering if any forum members are using the Thais cover and would you recommend it?

Do the Velcro fittings work loose in strong winds?

Thanks

Paul Mc

upload_2018-10-16_16-57-2.jpeg

RFT

View attachment 173

I’m having great difficulty sourcing a good quality roof cover (rain proof with some thermal protection) for my new (2018) Marco Polo Sport.

Mutze cap, Comfortz Leisure and Vanorak covers are currently not available for the 2018 V Class Marco Polo.

My only option seems to be the Thais Premium Cover, which is designed to protect the roof from rain, wind, noise and isolates from cold and heat.

Just wondering if any forum members are using the Thais cover and would you recommend it?

Do the Velcro fittings work loose in strong winds?

Thanks

Are you sure that Comfortz are unable to supply? They don't hold stock but make to order and in my experience this is only a few day. Or is the issue that their product is thermal and not rain proof?

Paul Mc

Are you sure that Comfortz are unable to supply? They don't hold stock but make to order and in my experience this is only a few day. Or is the issue that their product is thermal and not rain proof?
Just phoned them today and they said that they were working on an improved design for a better fit.
Could be a few months before the new ones appear on their website.

ClaireDe

Dundry beat me to it - I was about to recommend Rainbow screens. We have the pop top cover and windscreen cover and like them both. The pop top cover is insulated although we haven't used the van in really cold or very windy weather yet, but it did well in a downpour lasting a few hours. We've also found that they both stop overnight condensation. Relatively easy to put on as well, just make sure you install before pulling out the awning.

upload_2018-10-17_17-32-35.jpeg