Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump isolator

I find the need to remove the fuse for the water pump a royal pain when draining the fresh water.
A little rooting around found the connection between the feed and the pump, under the base of the wardrobe.
I used a project box from Maplin and some heavy duty auto cable to make a breakout switch.
I mounted the box with Velcro inside the wardrobe, so now I just turn the key to isolate the pump.
The connection uses crimp spade connectors, so no permanent modification to wiring.
IMG_2131.JPG
The keyswitch was the best fit in the box.

Epigram

I find the need to remove the fuse for the water pump a royal pain when draining the fresh water.
A little rooting around found the connection between the feed and the pump, under the base of the wardrobe.
I used a project box from Maplin and some heavy duty auto cable to make a breakout switch.
I mounted the box with Velcro inside the wardrobe, so now I just turn the key to isolate the pump.
The connection uses crimp spade connectors, so no permanent modification to wiring.
View attachment 23
I am sure I will be doing something similar but without a keyswitch, I would never find the key!

Paul Mc

View attachment 23
Great idea and a very neat job, Douglas.
How much do you charge?:)

Hi Paul. Just noticed your post!
I am happy to make a copy of my mod and post at cost.
Maplin are gone but I’m sure I can source similar bits.

Looking back at my picture, it appears I did switch the live (brown) wire.
I guess it would not matter which feed you interrupted.
One wire switched is all you need.

Grand Tourismo

Many thanks for the idea Douglas, just finished mine and it's much easier than trying to get to that fuse each time!

IMG_7434.jpgIMG_7430.jpg

Nice job!
I fill my wardrobe with zipped clothes bags, so they would turn the switch on/off!
Nice neat installation though.

Grand Tourismo

Nice job!
I fill my wardrobe with zipped clothes bags, so they would turn the switch on/off!
Nice neat installation though.
Nice idea, do you use vac bags?

The switch could be recessed slightly lower down into the recess if needed to provide clearance but I get your point completely :Thumbs up:

We use zippered mesh bags which my 'Boss" buys from the internet.
They come in various sizes and fit well in the space. We can get 14 days clothes stuffed in there!
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.31.54.png

Grand Tourismo

*Anyone planning to do this remember to follow the polarity of the connector block, not the colour of the wires (as for some reason it swaps over within the block).

fcarbon

This is a continuation of my post from another thread (https://www.marcopoloownersclub.com/threads/airing-out-clean-water-tank.1247/post-8717) but I think it might be relevant for all who are considering to install the "water pump isolator" on a new Marco Polo with the Advanced Control interface (MBAC). It seems the isolator will, besides the water pump, also (at least) disable the Advanced Control interface, the interior lights (and perhaps cause an interference in the sound system while driving).

See this post: https://www.marcopoloownersclub.com/threads/airing-out-clean-water-tank.1247/post-8717

Here are the new user's manual's fuse-list and "emptying the clean water tank" instructions.

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19

Grand Tourismo

This is a continuation of my post from another thread (https://www.marcopoloownersclub.com/threads/airing-out-clean-water-tank.1247/post-8717) but I think it might be relevant for all who are considering to install the "water pump isolator" on a new Marco Polo with the Advanced Control interface (MBAC). It seems the isolator will, besides the water pump, also (at least) disable the Advanced Control interface, the interior lights (and perhaps cause an interference in the sound system while driving).

See this post: https://www.marcopoloownersclub.com/threads/airing-out-clean-water-tank.1247/post-8717

Here are the new user's manual's fuse-list and "emptying the clean water tank" instructions.
FC C'est en Français ! - with my limited knowledge of French we also need to see page 61? for the fuse description.

Grand Tourismo

Yes pardon my French ;-)
Here is p. 61
That's a really odd one, so on P62 referring to the fuse list, there is no mention of fuse no.2 being the applicable fuse for the water pump.
So for example if fuse two popped and you couldn't work out why your tap was not working the fuse list would not explain it either? Or did I miss something?
Also the fuse relating to the water pump in the earlier vehicle is a 10A rated item

fcarbon

That's a really odd one, so on P62 referring to the fuse list, there is no mention of fuse no.2 being the applicable fuse for the water pump.
So for example if fuse two popped and you couldn't work out why your tap was not working the fuse list would not explain it either? Or did I miss something?
Also the fuse relating to the water pump in the earlier vehicle is a 10A rated item
That seems correct ...

fcarbon

I haven't found a digital guide that is current with the new Advanced Control interface yet ... The guide on the interface itself seems very limited but I will check.