Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tiny blisters on roof

I am surprise your old roof has surfaced on eBay. Who did the new roof for you, the dealer or 3rd party? I thought they had to return the old roof to MB if it was under warranty.
I am surprised also, I had it done in MB Cardiff main dealer and also thought the roof would have to be returned. First one I have seen resurface and there have been a lot replaced!

askho

When they did the recall on the mattress, I tried to be cheeky and keep the old mattress. Would be handy for the bottom bed. But the dealer said they couldn't do that as they had to return the old mattress to MB, as proof of job done.

When they did the recall on the mattress, I tried to be cheeky and keep the old mattress. Would be handy for the bottom bed. But the dealer said they couldn't do that as they had to return the old mattress to MB, as proof of job done.
Mine had the recall but no replacement required otherwise that may have ended up on eBay also! I find it very bizarre but it is in Cardiff somewhere?

Last edited:

Steve B

My roof is apparently on order, and when i asked where it was going to be worked on, i was told an approved external body shop does it. So probably one of the employees sneaked it out one night!. I had a Range Rover sport about 10 years ago and needed a tow hook (removable type), got it on ebay for about £50, I was later told that they are removed from cars going in for work as the owners often didn't know they had one. I didn't know that when I bought it.

SteveR

I'm still waiting for a new roof to arrive. In the meantime though I'm not too bothered about the delay, especially given the current climate.
Anyway, the reason for this post is that I noticed something today that I've not noticed before. There was a slight frost here this morning and the roof was covered by the white stuff except for some circular patches that are symmetrical in position. Anyone else noticed this before?

Attachments

• MP_Roof.jpg
    MP_Roof.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57

Method7

I need to check but those patches seem to align with the external end of the fixings for the internal components.. probably just conducting heat from internally and frost can’t form on them.

Steve B

Had a call this week from the dealer, my roof is due in soon. Just as I can start using the MP again, so have put the work off until November (which surprised the dealer a bit). The blisters might we unwelcome but they don't stop the use. The trouble we all might have now is getting on campsites as the demand will be high!

SteveR

Had a call this week from the dealer, my roof is due in soon. Just as I can start using the MP again, so have put the work off until November (which surprised the dealer a bit). The blisters might we unwelcome but they don't stop the use. The trouble we all might have now is getting on campsites as the demand will be high!
You can get them to paint it in readiness Steve - may save you time when you do book it in

Steve B

Will do Steve, it was funny the taking to the dealer, they were all geared up for saying/defending 'we'll push as hard as we can to get it done soonest', I was saying end of year.

Ranger67

Mines going in 5th July. I tried to delay it until October but they said they have no room to store it. I've been airing the roof and awning in the good weather but the otherday the ABS light came on when I put the key in the ignition. Good thing it's going in on 5th July. It's only done 700 miles since I got it in October having been sat on the driveway for the past few months.

Method7

I've been airing the roof and awning in the good weather but the otherday the ABS light came on when I put the key in the ignition.

last summer whilst in some French woodlands I opened the boot one morning and something went Ding in the front, I went to look and a message on the dash about ABS being inactive... we were sleeping in a tent and the car had been locked all night. This happened twice... the message cleared when I drove off and I’ve heard nothing since.

last summer whilst in some French woodlands I opened the boot one morning and something went Ding in the front, I went to look and a message on the dash about ABS being inactive... we were sleeping in a tent and the car had been locked all night. This happened twice... the message cleared when I drove off and I’ve heard nothing since.

I've had all sorts of random errors about things like ABS being inactive, parking brake not working etc. Turning it off and on again sorts it ;)

Reactions: Ian

Ranger67

Mine won't go out. Driven it a few times. Still going ding. Good thing it's going in for the new roof next week. Get this done at the same time.

Method7

On my old v280 if the ABS light came on none of the other things like cruise control worked... I guess these are the same?

David Cox

Hello everyone. I'm also having problems with roof blisters. Mercedes Benz Birmingham have had the vehicle for nearly a month now and still haven't started the work. The dealership network seem clueless as how to rectify this problem. They are fitting a new roof apparently, but are still waiting for MB to authorise. Having owned various types of Mercedes vehicles over the years, this is without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

SteveR

Hello everyone. I'm also having problems with roof blisters. Mercedes Benz Birmingham have had the vehicle for nearly a month now and still haven't started the work. The dealership network seem clueless as how to rectify this problem. They are fitting a new roof apparently, but are still waiting for MB to authorise. Having owned various types of Mercedes vehicles over the years, this is without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
The whole warranty process takes a lot of time unfortunately and it seems that a lot of dealers aren't used to processing Marco Polo specific areas, i.e. the roof. Also they can be ignorant of fibre glass panels and any associated paint issues. I guess this is all understandable, however.... It really isn't efficient service in my opinion. What they could (should?) have done is process all the groundwork and paperwork necessary before taking your vehicle in. My resolution took many months but initially I took it in and they took details and photographs of the affected areas. The warranty process was drawn out but maybe irrelevant given the unavailability of new roofs. When the roof finally came in it was boxed and sent to their bodyshop for painting and only when it returned to the dealer the booking made to bring my vehicle in for fitting.
My suggestion is that you arrange to recover your vehicle (check that they have all the evidence that they need in terms of pictures, chassis numbers etc) and then ask them to ring you when they have a (painted) roof in their workshops and can book you in for fitting. Relax, be patient, you will still have use of your MP and it will get sorted (eventually!!)