Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Long wait starts

Good question, we ordered 31st August and have heard nothing about a build slot as yet and were told end June latest but beginning to wonder? Can anyone help with this, as in, after 5 weeks should a build slot have been confirmed?

AndyP12345

We have been advised build slot in January with delivery in April. However MB Corporate say the Jan Production date can still change. Experienced this before with both Volvo and Porsche on new build cars. No one ever wants to confirm dates so they can’t be held to anything if it slips

AndyP12345

I just have a formal order form from MB and have paid a deposit. Signed the order form through the MB electronic system. The Order Form has a Sales Order number on it

S

sturdyphill

VIP Member
Hi to all those who are new buyers or like myself new wait-ers!
Curious about lead times... I've placed an order a couple of weeks ago and have already gone from being told June to June/July. Is everyone else experiencing similar delays and does anyone have any insights as to why sooooo long?!
Thanks!

I ordered beginning of august and was told april delivery, so at least they are being consitent

The fat controller

Well after chasing my dealer up today, suddenly I have a build slot! That's the good news... Delivery date though is end July although since that's the start of the school hols it will work pretty well for us.
Not sure I can sustain this level of excitement for another 9 months!!

S

sturdyphill

VIP Member
I've just checked on mine again and been told it's now may build slot for June delivery. A little annoying

The fat controller

Annoying indeed.

I've just enquired with my dealer as to a soc change for an order with delivery expected July 2021.... I'm being told that changing from the v220 to the v300 will cause "at least another six months delay"!! Can anyone with more experience than myself at new vehicle purchases (ie any) advise whether this is reasonable..... Because it doesn't sound it to me!

Rob1

Good evening, we met with the MB Dealership on Tuesday to confirm specification and we have the MP V300 delivery date for the end of February.

The fat controller

Good evening, we met with the MB Dealership on Tuesday to confirm specification and we have the MP V300 delivery date for the end of February.
Wow, that's good going. Can I ask which dealer you're using as that does seem to be a quicker turn around than most people here are reporting.

Rob1

The dealership is Exeter MB at Marsh Barton.
I have to say we went in 2 weeks ago made the initial enquiry, and were told a provisional delivery of July 2021, we had a call alst week and the production line build is early Feb for a dealer delivery of 21st Feb.
I normally buy from Audi, BMW etc and i have to say MB have been superb, if you need further details please email me and i can pass on contact numbers etc.
Good luck

The fat controller

The dealership is Exeter MB at Marsh Barton.
I have to say we went in 2 weeks ago made the initial enquiry, and were told a provisional delivery of July 2021, we had a call alst week and the production line build is early Feb for a dealer delivery of 21st Feb.
I normally buy from Audi, BMW etc and i have to say MB have been superb, if you need further details please email me and i can pass on contact numbers etc.
Good luck
Many thanks Rob. I went through drive the deal and have bought on price... Hoping I don't live to regret it! Communication has been very much a one way street so far and my feeling is that this '6 month delay' is their way of saying they don't want me fiddling with the spec.
Feb delivery sounds ideal. You'll have it in time for spring! What spec have you ordered?

Rob1

The V300 Auto, AMG Cavansite blue
Lugano beige leather,
360 camera and upgrade media/ sound
It's our first " campervan" so looking forward to touring Europe (hopefully )!!
Will let you know if delivery date moves .