Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Superb Handover from Mercedes Reading

Justin

Justin

VIP Member
So, I collected my new Marco Polo 300d AMG Line last week from Mercedes Reading and glad to report that the handover was the best I have ever received when collecting a new vehicle.

As mentioned by several people here and other forums, It became apparent fairly quickly after visiting several local dealers that they don't know much about the MP. Out of the two we looked at locally, one we couldn't show us how things worked as the one salesman that knew 'a bit' about them was off sick and the other was being used by the sales manager despite us making an appointment to view.

After posting on here, I was contacted by our own @Andy B who advised me that he has been recruited by Mercedes Reading as their Marco Polo 'Ambassador'. Being an owner himself, he was extremely knowledgeable and gave me lots of help and advice. As I'm from Manchester, it would mean a long trip down south but I knew it would be worth it. While waiting for my MP to arrive, I often contacted Andy with questions regarding insurance, accessories etc and they were quickly and courteously answered with nothing being too much trouble.

So, last Tuesday morning we arrived at Mercedes Reading and was greeted by Kassam who looked after the sale and Andy who came in his own MP. Kassam took his time showing us all the cockpit controls, set up Mercedes Me app etc then we took my MP outside for Andy to go over absolutely every detail in the habitation area, roof operation, awning, heater, fuse location, setting up the gas bottle, seats, filled up the water tanks etc which took around 4 hours. He also showed us his MP including all the accessories and gave us tips on what is worth buying.

We left for our journey home feeling totally confident in using the MP and as it was half term, enjoyed a short trip to The Lake District later in the week.

I would definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a Marco Polo to contact Mercedes Reading. My brother-in-law is due to pick his up shortly from them too looking forward to the same service provided by Andy :)

MP-1.jpg
MP-2.jpg

Vaughnt

Very nice - I’m looking at getting a new v300d amg line too or whether to go for a used v250d? There’s £8k difference in price and wondered how long yours took to arrive from ordering to delivery

Justin

Justin

VIP Member
Very nice - I’m looking at getting a new v300d amg line too or whether to go for a used v250d? There’s £8k difference in price and wondered how long yours took to arrive from ordering to delivery

Hi @Vaughnt ,

I'm so impressed with the new 300d engine and gearbox. Super smooth with plenty of power although I am unable to compare it to the 250d as never managed to try it.

I ordered ours in May prior to any real info on when Mercedes would start building the facelift model. I'm sure now they're in full production the lead time has been reduced considerably.

Vaughnt

Hi @Vaughnt ,

I'm so impressed with the new 300d engine and gearbox. Super smooth with plenty of power although I am unable to compare it to the 250d as never managed to try it.

I ordered ours in May prior to any real info on when Mercedes would start building the facelift model. I'm sure now they're in full production the lead time has been reduced considerably.
I do prefer the updated look of the amg makes it look more special - they’re quoting February to April delivery but don’t think I can wait

Epigram

I do prefer the updated look of the amg makes it look more special - they’re quoting February to April delivery but don’t think I can wait
It’s a difficult call and I sympathise.
Early this year I was in a similar position. I had just placed my order for a 250AMG when the 300d was announced. I decided that I didn’t want to give up a summer’s travels.

I spend half the year in the Alps and if 4WD had been on offer it might have tipped the scales.

I have a test drive of a 300d 4matic (LHD) planned when I return to France this winter. It will be interesting because my 250 AMG is already smooth and no slouch when travelling up alpine passes.

Comparing options, like for like, will need some care because much more is standard on UK Marco Polos.

For me turning circle will be key; the 4WD has a slightly larger turning circle and I can only just get my MP round the tight bends in our underground garage in France.

Watch this space. There may be a good 250AMG with all the toys coming on the market soon. Of course, that assumes I don’t scratch the French demonstrator when I check it can get into the garage! :rolleyes:

Steve B

I do like the look of the updated front end, the silver is a great colour (keeping the black looking clean at the moment is futile)