Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spring and Shock Absorber Lift Kit

alan.scattolini

Good day
I am a new member of this forum and in few days I will pick up my first (second hand) Marco Polo.
First a quick description of the van: Viano Marco Polo 2.2 CDI (Automatic Transmission) 4Matic from 2014.
I am jumping from a 4x4 (Landrover Defender) to this beautiful machine, however, I have a technical question regarding the spring and shock absorber setup.
I know this is not a four wheel drive system (traction 65% rear and 35% front) comparable with the full time 4wheel drive I had on my prevoius car, therefore, I have an open question for those who know better this vehicle.
Is it possible to rise, let's say by at least 5 cm, the car by installing a proper lift kit?
I am unsure if the car can be driven on unpaved road/tracks (nothing extreme) as the ground clearance is not too high.
Thank you for your advice.
Regards
Alan

Steve B

Agree, its a bit out of my league, I was chuffed that I put non slip matting in the cupboards all by myself :). That comment was a bit tongue in cheek, I have a defender and you are constantly fixing something on it, but a great car all the same.

alan.scattolini

Thank you guys for your answers.
well, for now I am satisfied for the ground clearance that the van has. I drove in a steep and in bad conditions gravel road in mountain without any problem.
I am impressed how smooth is this van. fantastic

Ingebjorn

Anyone who knows anything about this lift kit? Will it make the van "stiff" enough?

yaristepanov

Anyone who knows anything about this lift kit? Will it make the van "stiff" enough?

I mounted this lift kit in November, and I am supper happy with the upgrade. I also fitted 225/65/17 wheels on. Here are some photos before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_8382.jpg
    IMG_8382.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 10.11.16.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 10.11.16.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 11.44.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 11.44.13.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 8