Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bed recall

ding33

Currently waiting at Mercedes Epsom to hear if any work needs doing. Bed looked fine when I checked it, with no corrosion etc.

Wish me luck!

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Ding 33,

Sounds like your in the same situation as me. I have received the recall notice, but haven't arranged for my MP to go to a dealership yet. I will be interested in hearing more about your MP and the recall. Good luck !!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

APL46

My 2018 MP went to MB to have the starter battery replaced under warranty (it was apparently draining the aux battery) and they adjusted the switches in the roof as part of a “service item”. MB also replaced the upper mattress but I didn’t notice until I got home. It looks exactly the same as the old mattress so don’t know why. Would add very pleased with MB South West dealership.

funkyegg

Took mine for the recall to Mercedes Epsom as well. They confirmed no corrosion last week. I had a chance to look at it over the weekend, found some mark one the surface of the metal work but not sure if it's corrosion. Please can anyone confirm? Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

funkyegg

Took mine for the recall to Mercedes Epsom as well. They confirmed no corrosion last week. I had a chance to look at it over the weekend, found some mark one the surface of the metal work but not sure if it's corrosion. Please can anyone confirm? Thanks

Please can anyone advise? Mercedes Epsom keep telling me it's not rust and wouldn't do anything... But I think they should at least replaced the mattress as a precaution.

M

Monner

VIP Member
My 2018 MP went to MB to have the starter battery replaced under warranty (it was apparently draining the aux battery) and they adjusted the switches in the roof as part of a “service item”. MB also replaced the upper mattress but I didn’t notice until I got home. It looks exactly the same as the old mattress so don’t know why. Would add very pleased with MB South West dealership.
Which dealership[p was this please? We live in Somerset and have recently bought a MP 2018 so will be looking for a good place to have it serviced and we've noticed the roof blistering so want somewhere that will know about the camper side of the vehicle too? Thanks

APL46

Which dealership[p was this please? We live in Somerset and have recently bought a MP 2018 so will be looking for a good place to have it serviced and we've noticed the roof blistering so want somewhere that will know about the camper side of the vehicle too? Thanks
MB South West - I bought my MP from the Plymouth branch and took it to Exeter to be checked (we live in Beer). I think the MB dealer in Taunton is part of the same group

M

Monner

VIP Member
MB South West - I bought my MP from the Plymouth branch and took it to Exeter to be checked (we live in Beer). I think the MB dealer in Taunton is part of the same group
Thanks, that's great.

Gazthediver

My mp is going in tomorrow for the recall
My vehicle been in for the check and was told a replacement kit ordered 2x weeks later kit arrived at dealership made appointment and was told they would need vehicle all day, I ask a few times what was going to be replaced and they couldn’t tell me , when I collected my vehicle I asked again what was charged and was told nothing they just cleaned the bed rails , I guess it’s the last time it goes in to that dealership

Alyson Lewis

Currently waiting at Mercedes Epsom to hear if any work needs doing. Bed looked fine when I checked it, with no corrosion etc.

Wish me luck!
Ours went in for the recall no corrosion but they replaced the mattress because they retain moisture and can cause rust. New mattress is as good as previous one.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi all,

My MP went in today to have the mattress replaced and the metal surrounds replaced under the recall. I have been advised that the issue is with MB having been supplied in error, oversize mattresses (hence why it only affects certain mattresses). The oversize mattresses lie not only on the bed frame, but also (incorrectly) can rest on the metal surrounds around the bed. As the mattresses can hold moisture, this is the cause of any corrosion. The corrosion is not caused by any chemicals used in the mattress during manufacture (as I think may have been suggested in other parts of the forum). Hope this additional information helps to alay any concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

askho

It doesn't quite make sense. Even if the mattress is the right size, it might not be totally centralized all the time. If it slips slightly sideways it will be in touch with the metal surrounds so corrosion can still happen. Isn't the answer to treat the metal surrounds properly so they won't corrode.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Apparently the mattress is held in place with “poppers” and so it shouldn’t move on the bed frame. This is what I have been advised anyway.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon C

Hi
My MP went in for a interim service just before the lockdown and as part of that I was advised there was some warranty recall items, including replacement of the mattress. Unfortunately a day or so later we then had an electrical issue and I could not open the roof as a result. That’s now fixed and I noticed yesterday that the hinges have some corrosion, the aluminium up stands around the opening in the Van roof at the shallow end Of the sleeping compartment have some evidence of corrosion and the screws on the support plates at the front of the bed base have surface corrosion.
My question is has anyone else had other work done as part of the Mattress warranty replacement?
I seem to recall seeing an older post a year or so back that mentioned the mattress issue caused corrosion issues. I’ve added a couple of pics.?Thanks

Attachments

• 0F9C8CB9-3F61-4179-9F12-7D992D4632B2.jpeg
    0F9C8CB9-3F61-4179-9F12-7D992D4632B2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 4A112EB4-15CE-426B-8A53-A7249CDC881B.jpeg
    4A112EB4-15CE-426B-8A53-A7249CDC881B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 36B2C428-2312-496F-8B8A-C4965D689714.jpeg
    36B2C428-2312-496F-8B8A-C4965D689714.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25