Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Shower

GeorgeG

I’ve just taken delivery of a V220D Marco Polo and still getting to grips with what is on it and how it works. As I’ve previously posted, I assumed a mattress topper was standard, but this is apparently not the case. I also assumed that, as the connection for the tailgate shower is present, there would be a shower hose and head in the wardrobe or rear cupboard, as I’ve seen on a few demonstrators. Again, it’s not listed in the current brochure as either standard equipment or an option. There’s no point in contacting the supplying dealer as they seem to know virtually nothing about the MP!

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether it should have a shower hose or not. If not, are there any generic hoses that would fit, as I don’t like the price of Westfalia accessories.

Many thanks.

Hi George. Congrats on your purchase.

The shower attachment is an extra item. Harbour creek in the UK (Hayling Island) seem to stock a few things - got mine from them for about £50. It’s great for washing sands of the kids feet and mud off the boots, but I’m yet to brave a cold shower with mine - I didn’t get the water heater!!!

Tbh the shower head and hose is not the best in terms of quality bathroom fittings and I’m sure with some searching you could find a connector and hose + head for much less with some internet trawling. That said compRed to price of van it’s nothing, but is v handy!!!

All the best

Andy

Spekky

I don't think there is a way of warming the water. The water heater warms the engine coolant, not the fresh water supply.

Dundry

Has anyone had any success in finding an alternative to the Westfalia shower accessory. Tried Harbour Creek and none in stock and none likely for a month. They say there is no alternative as its a specific part that only Westfalia supply but just seeing if anyone has found something else that works - just need it to wash sandy feet and surf board so shower head not essential.

Dundry

Thanks Roy, I've ordered one but need to transfer Euro's to MB's account! Did you have that and how did you do it?

Roy C

Yes, I was surprised that they didn’t just take credit card. I did worry that it would be a faff but actually it was quite straightforward. I went into my online banking site (Barclays) and selected international payments. Put in the details of the account to transfer to and the amount in euros (saves working out what exchange rate to use) and I think MB suggest you put the order number in the reference. Order took a couple of days to arrive.

Dundry

Super, I've worked it out and they are despatching today. I ordered the holder bit too so with delivery it was a bit expensive but at least I'll have sand free feet! Thanks for your help.

I *think* I've sussed what connector it is. I've ordered one from RS today so will let you all know tomorrow if it fits. Would then need a bit of hose and a shower head but those are cheap cheap. :)

GeorgeG

I *think* I've sussed what connector it is. I've ordered one from RS today so will let you all know tomorrow if it fits. Would then need a bit of hose and a shower head but those are cheap cheap. :)

Hi Brian

I’ve been looking for a shower connector for ages, but with no luck. I’ve just ordered a lot of accessories form Mercedes Germany (flyscreen, bike carrier, fridge basket, bumper protector, etc) but didn’t fancy paying €55 just to wash my feet.

Any chance you could send me a link to the RS part, or alternatively the part description or number so I can search for it.

Hi @GeorgeG and others.

Right... my part has arrived and I've tested it. It is indeed the correct part.

You want something from the PLC series by CPC. I went for this with a 3/8" push fit on the end.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hose-couplings/0138278/

Then cut and pushed on a shower hose although I needed a bit of heat on the showerhose as I think mine is a cheap thin rubbish one. Works perfectly. It's also valved so it'll keep any water in the tube. I used this shower head with a trigger on the end:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078ZCVZSN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total costs:

£9.30 for connector (inc Vat)
£11.00 shower head
~£7 for a shower hose, I had one lying around.

Works perfectly for under £30 and about 10 minutes of time.

Last edited:

GeorgeG

Hi @GeorgeG and others.

Right... my part has arrived and I've tested it. It is indeed the correct part.

You want something from the PLC series by CPC. I went for this with a 3/8" push fit on the end.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hose-couplings/0138278/

Then cut and pushed on a shower hose although I needed a bit of heat on the showerhose as I think mine is a cheap thin rubbish one. Works perfectly. It's also valved so it'll keep any water in the tube. I used this shower head with a trigger on the end:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078ZCVZSN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total costs:

£9.30 for connector (inc Vat)
£11.00 shower head
~£7 for a shower hose, I had one lying around.

Works perfectly for under £30 and about 10 minutes of time.

Thanks Brian. That connector was one of three that was on my shortlist. Just ordered. I’ve also got an old shower hose kicking about - perfect.

Thanks Brian. That connector was one of three that was on my shortlist. Just ordered. I’ve also got an old shower hose kicking about - perfect.

Excellent. Might be worth editing the title of this thread to indicate there's a solution :)

My kids will have sand free feet that's for sure!

Katie

Thanks to Brian, I’ve ordered the parts.
Regarding the hose - do you just saw off one end to fit it to the connector, as we have a hose with the same screw parts on both ends?

Thanks to Brian, I’ve ordered the parts.
Regarding the hose - do you just saw off one end to fit it to the connector, as we have a hose with the same screw parts on both ends?

Katie,

Yep.. I just cut the hose at one connector and pushed it on to the CPC part. Took a bit of heat from a hairdryer to get mine to fit but was fine.