Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Seats will not go horizontal!

Bessie

Ps to the above. Slide the seat as far forward as you can. Climb into the van behind the seat. Locate the curly power cable going in. Put you head under the seat and one third of the way along the seat from the kitchen unit you will see a white plastic cable connection just to the left of the metal seat bracket. On the other side (door side) of this bracket you will see the reset button.

Ranger67

Ps to the above. Slide the seat as far forward as you can. Climb into the van behind the seat. Locate the curly power cable going in. Put you head under the seat and one third of the way along the seat from the kitchen unit you will see a white plastic cable connection just to the left of the metal seat bracket. On the other side (door side) of this bracket you will see the reset button.
Thanks. My dealer knew nothing about the car and couldn't show me anything other than the basic driving functions. After 2 hours today I eventually found it. I used your method but couldn't locate the switch or see it. Eventually I found it after putting my hand down between the seat and backrest. Finally the seat goes horizontal!

Ranger67

We had a lot of trouble finding it. Eventually our MB dealer showed us how to access it - and it's via the flap at the rear of the seats (ours is one of the first UK models). Do you have a nearby dealer who could show you?
does the flap come down? Mine has velco on both sides but the middle is completely stuck in place with something so I cannot see anything. Eventually I got to the switch from the seat side by putting my hand down the back of the seat. It was quite painful as I had to get my whole hand in right up to my wrist.

Ranger67

To find the link showing the earlier reset location, search “ Reset button “ , there is a picture and description of how to find the button posted by Martin in the thread “Ooh I didn’t know that “
Hope this helps, good luck.
Thanks. I too managed to break a piece off the plastic when I pulled too hard.on the Velcro

Razitko

You click off the leather barrier and below it you will find the reset button.

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_174955.jpg
    IMG_20230420_174955.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230420_175008.jpg
    IMG_20230420_175008.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230420_175207.jpg
    IMG_20230420_175207.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230420_175229.jpg
    IMG_20230420_175229.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230420_175242.jpg
    IMG_20230420_175242.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15

KDM

Did you pull the seat forward? It does not come forward automatically which would have been a nice touch. I've never slept in our 2018, but needed more cargo room so I pulled the head portion of the bed and storage bag out. Last month was the first time I ever lowered it and with the rear storage area removed it went down nicely with a touch of a button. My dogs will actually partially recline the seats while leaning against the buttons or while jumping up on the rear seat. My dealer didn't know how to lower the seat either, he pressed the button without sliding the seat forward.