Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Seats will not go horizontal!

James G

Just got the new marco polo last week but still cant get one of the rear seats flat. On p29 of the owners manual its states that this means there is an electronic fault and you have to press a reset button located under the cover in the extension of the interior head restraint bar. I really cant find this. Has anyone else found it or knows where it is . I can not feel a button, and you can't actually remove the cover fully at the base of the rear seats to look as they are not fully removable. Will be sleeping on an incline otherwise! There is an online interactive mercedes manual which is more up to date and shows that the button is under the through loading facility which is the smaller compartment under the rear seat which you lift up for storing long items, but I can't see the reset button there either!

Matt

I had the same issue when i picked up my van. There is a button under there. I climbed in behind the back seat and fiddled behind the left back seat for about ten minutes until I found it. I had to squeeze my hand behind the leather flap. Hopefully next time it won't take me so long to find

James G

thank you Matt I have hope now that I might find it too! Unfortunately our main battery is now flat, not sure why as it was driven down form liverpool recently. It is an ex demo though and has been sitting around for a year and the guy who drove it down had no idea how to turn off the heaters so possibly managed to drain it. Plus I have been putting the seats up and down trying to get the bed ready. Anyway after a bit of RAC input hopefully our luck will change.

James G

Ok good news. Found the reset button. Best way to locate it is not to put your hand through the side of the leather flap behind the rear of the chair. Instead put you hand underneath the rear passenger side rear seat, near where there the leather flap ends. Feel for a thin horizontal bar right at the base of the seat then its located near this, and the button is nearby on the side of a metal vertical surface. Now at last we have flat seats!

Philmop

Can anyone take a photo or 2 of the location....?
Picking mine up at the end of the month and just want to be prepared for all eventualities...
Thanks
Philmop..

Thank you so much for the advice! After 2 hours of trying to figure out the manual we used this thread to reset the rear seats. Flat bed at last!

Bessie

Hi open the storage draw under rear bench and the button is right there on the right hand side pal
I've just spent a long time trying to locate the button, via the underbed storage drawer. If you could provide a pic please I would be eternally grateful.

Bessie

To the right of the drawer is a panel between seats and kitchen. Pull it off. Button near top.
Thank you so much, I will look first thing in the morning. The problem is that one side will not go down fully, but I'm hoping the reset button will be the solution.

Thank you so much, I will look first thing in the morning. The problem is that one side will not go down fully, but I'm hoping the reset button will be the solution.

Looking at it if you pull drawer out it's to the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_37899.jpg
    IMG_20190414_37899.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 177

Epigram

The location of the reset switch is shown in the electronic guide.

Follow the menu sequence:
« Seats berth and table » ,
« MP seat Beth combination » ,
« seat backrests can be lowered too far »
« reset the seat »
« more »
You will then see a couple of pictures clearly showing the location of the reset button.

It’s a bit like finding the plans for the destruction of Earth on Alpha Centauri in the Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. :)

Last edited:

KDM

I have a similar issue, can't get the seats flat, but my issue is that I can't get the seat far enough forward for the top of the seat to clear the rear platform. Any ideas out there?

KDM

Do the stops in the guide rails need adjusting to bring the seats slightly more forward?
I'm that new to this vehicle that I do not know. I'll have to get the flashlight out and look when I get home from work. I saw a set of stops where the center row seat was. Will I need the black plastic/nylon hand tool to move them? Wondering why they would even be in a position to stop the seat from going forward far enough to go horizontal. Thanks, will look into this.

Ranger67

Sorry to resurrect this topic but I have just bought a 67 plate MP. The seats do not go fully horizontal (about 1 inch higher) and to make matters worse one is about 1cm higher than the other. I tried to find the reset button as pictured above but after taking out the draw and panel there is no reset button. At least not where I could find it after feeling around under the chair. Any ideas anyone on how to get teh beds flat? I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable to see if that would work but no difference.

Epigram

Yours is an earlier model. The reset is under the cover at the back of the seat.
There is a photo somewhere on this forum. I will have a look.

Epigram

To find the link showing the earlier reset location, search “ Reset button “ , there is a picture and description of how to find the button posted by Martin in the thread “Ooh I didn’t know that “
Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited:

Bessie

Yours is an earlier model. The reset is under the cover at the back of the seat.
There is a photo somewhere on this forum. I will have a look.
We had a lot of trouble finding it. Eventually our MB dealer showed us how to access it - and it's via the flap at the rear of the seats (ours is one of the first UK models). Do you have a nearby dealer who could show you?