Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New MP owner soon. Taking delivery of MP 300d AMG next Thursday!

Chris

Took the new MP up into the mountains to do a test night camping behind Pilates. Amazing secret spot. 5 Chf for 24 hours of parking and camping allowed, with a very nice stream directly in front. Public bathrooms available, and very very quiet. Was a very nice evening testing the camper!

I do have a few questions though if anyone has any tips?

1) The table and chairs take up a large portion of the rear storage. Any creative solutions for this? Perhaps remove the included storage piece and swap out to a sliding shelf module? Or dump the entire kit and get some ultralight and compact table and chairs?

2) Perhaps the van just needs a break in period, but when I am slowing down and the gearbox is downshifting it often has a big jolt/clunk when downshifting into 1st gear before a stop. Doesn't seem normal to me. Do I need this to be checked by service?

3) It looks like my MBAC is generation 1 even though the build date of the van was only a few months ago. Is this merely a firmware update to get to Generation 2 or does this require new hardware that the service needs to install? The dealer I bought the van from was pretty clueless on this. The app does say that Mercedes Service will do the upgrade for free though. I may have to go to a different dealer/service to check this out.

4) The Mercedes me Service app has a message "Registration date missing, please have it registered by your Mercedes Benz partner to see relevant service information". Is this simply a matter of needing to wait a few days for the system to be updated? I already have the plates and registration for the car.

5) The Mercedes me application on the van touchscreen gives me a message "You do not have access to services" however it does show my ID is linked. Also a matter of needing to wait some days for things to update in the system?

6) Mercedes me synchronization from the app to the van is not working. I've enabled Automatic Sync and it still doesn't work. Also a matter of needing to be patient? ;-)

A lot of questions I know. But hopefully the experts here can shed some light as the dealer I bought from doesn't sell a lot of MP's and is mostly a car dealer.

Thanks!
On point 1 - there are only 2 of us and we travel light, no surfboards etc, so we researched trays to use the space under the table&chairs. Pizza dough trays are just the right height to slot in and out smoothly, so 2 of them have become our travelling larder. Various bits and pieces also fit in with the chairs.