Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New MP owner soon. Taking delivery of MP 300d AMG next Thursday!

Webbah

Greetings everyone,

Been a silent observer for quite some time and am finally taking the plunge. I'll be receiving my 2021 MP 300d AMG in Canvasite Blue this Thursday! I'm super excited and it feels like Christmas. I've learned a lot being a voyeur so far here so hope I can contribute in the future. I've owned Tesla's since 2012 having the original Tesla Roadster and then the Model 3 Performance. With a 6 month old baby and now living in Lucerne it was time to tap into the adventurous side of me I left many years ago moving from San Diego. Stoked to be here!

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Slimnrp

Looks awesome, a bit jealous as I have to wait til December for my 300 AMG…. Van looks fantastic, look forward to hearing about it on here

Webbah

Looks awesome, a bit jealous as I have to wait til December for my 300 AMG…. Van looks fantastic, look forward to hearing about it on here
I feel pretty lucky. I was about to order one and the dealer told me the wait would be until next summer! And then this one popped up in inventory last week and I jumped on it immediately.

Grand Tourismo

Greetings everyone,

Been a silent observer for quite some time and am finally taking the plunge. I'll be receiving my 2021 MP 300d AMG in Canvasite Blue this Thursday! I'm super excited and it feels like Christmas. I've learned a lot being a voyeur so far here so hope I can contribute in the future. I've owned Tesla's since 2012 having the original Tesla Roadster and then the Model 3 Performance. With a 6 month old baby and now living in Lucerne it was time to tap into the adventurous side of me I left many years ago moving from San Diego. Stoked to be here!
Excellent news Webbah and welcome along....and what an excellent place you are located in to start your exploring!
Have a great time with your new MP :Thumbs up:

Webbah

Excellent news Webbah and welcome along....and what an excellent place you are located in to start your exploring!
Have a great time with your new MP :Thumbs up:
Thank you! I just moved here from Geneva and it was one of the main motivators to switch. Although all my friends have California's and will give me a hard time at first. HAHA!

Grand Tourismo

Thank you! I just moved here from Geneva and it was one of the main motivators to switch. Although all my friends have California's and will give me a hard time at first. HAHA!
They will only give you a hard time until you show them the pure luxury of the MP.
Pass them a glass of Champagne and some caviar petit fours and they will love your new vehicle!!....or simply take them for a spin around the Nurburgring!

Svib

Hi everyone.
A new member greeting the other new member
Being an EV driver for almost 2 decades. Tried everything good and bad from almost all makes and models. Now the garage holds a Tesla Model 3 and will be changed for a new Model Y next week - I can take a diesel delivery now, I’d say.
Just got the new MP220D Friday last week and already had the first trip to Lillebælt Bridge in the heart of Denmark. Woke up and saw the sign telling “no camping”. So sorry. That’s not okay and I be more informed in the future.
looking forward to all the great stories to be written.
Good adventured to all.

Attachments

• D71D1DDA-9FD6-46D2-A0F0-65BAF1CB63B3.jpeg
    D71D1DDA-9FD6-46D2-A0F0-65BAF1CB63B3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 160EB41C-F236-48BB-8B84-46E3CBD1486F.jpeg
    160EB41C-F236-48BB-8B84-46E3CBD1486F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

Grand Tourismo

Hi everyone.
Being an EV driver for almost 2 decades. Tried everything good and bad from almost all makes and models. Now the garage holds a Tesla Model 3 and will be changed for a new Model Y next week - I can take a diesel delivery now, I’d say.
Just got the new MP220D Friday last week and already had the first trip to Lillebælt Bridge in the heart of Denmark. Woke up and saw the sign telling “no camping”. So sorry. That’s not okay and I be more informed in the future.
Good adventured to all.
Welcome along and greetings from the UK, really nice pictures...enjoy your MP :Welcome:

Epigram

Welcome. Great parts of Europe to start your MP adventures from.
Don’t forget to post on”Places to Stay” to help the rest of us with our holiday plans.
Have fun

Webbah

Hi everyone.
Good adventured to all.
Wow, great photos! I'm actually trading in my P3D for the Marco Polo. After all these years I never imagined I'd go back to a gas car, but I searched high and low for an EV camper and the VW e-Bulli won't be released until 2024-2025. I actually found one option from a company called Yellow Camper which has a cool conversion of the Mercedes EQV, but the range is simply not enough for my use cases especially with reduced range in Winter. The EQV would likely only get 220 km's range in the deep of winter. This is pretty cool what they've done though!

https://www.yellowcamper.ch/de/ausbauen/eqv-elektrocamper (sorry only in German)

I plan on chasing waves in Portugal, South of France, etc. And of course getting lost in the many cool places throughout Switzerland living here! I attempted to make a Tesla Camper out of the Model 3 and it was quite successful, but only for weekend trips. I installed a Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 roof tent. Check out the photos!

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 228e2a15-0707-46bb-8828-8d4ad1c644aa.jpg
    228e2a15-0707-46bb-8828-8d4ad1c644aa.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 10

Webbah

Welcome. Great parts of Europe to start your MP adventures from.
Don’t forget to post on”Places to Stay” to help the rest of us with our holiday plans.
Have fun
Thank you! First trip is this weekend with a friend and his California joining. We are going to a secret spot I know of at the top of the Furka Pass. We'll then continue over the Grimsel pass to Interlaken and spend another night there to go SUP'ing on the lake. Stoked!

Grand Tourismo

Thank you! First trip is this weekend with a friend and his California joining. We are going to a secret spot I know of at the top of the Furka Pass. We'll then continue over the Grimsel pass to Interlaken and spend another night there to go SUP'ing on the lake. Stoked!
Please share some images of your trip, have a great time!

Steve B

Hi everyone.
Good adventured to all.
Welcome and good to see you enjoying wild camping. Electric is still too early for me, the UK grid mix is still heavily dependant on gas and the range of vehicles/charge points makes them ideal for local but not the longer runs. I'm confident of the future though, the amount of effort being put into generation and batteries.

Steve B

Kind of surreal that today is the day! Can't wait to pick up my new baby
Know how you feel, we had a multiple public transport day to pick ours up as it was 120 mile awkward journey. But we made a day of it and really enjoyed it. Have a great day

Webbah

Welcome and good to see you enjoying wild camping. Electric is still too early for me, the UK grid mix is still heavily dependant on gas and the range of vehicles/charge points makes them ideal for local but not the longer runs. I'm confident of the future though, the amount of effort being put into generation and batteries.
Question for ya, where did you get the external window cover from in your avatar? Love it!