Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MarcoPolo Fridge Problems

SpudULike

Hi guys,
Off on our trips in 3 weeks, Wonder if anyone can help!.

On our 2017 Marco Polo our fridge has decided to act like a freezer,
I put it on the lowiest setting "1", but it freezes everything solid, the front inside wall of the fridge is covered in ice.
Does anybody know what might be causing the problem!
I was told, by a motorhome owner that the thermostat might be faulty,
If so, is that easy to change or is it a Mercedes Dealer repair!.
Any help would be appreciated.
Simon from Cornwall.

SpudULike

Hi guys,

I put it on the lowiest setting "1", but it freezes everything solid, the front inside wall of the fridge is covered in ice.
Simon from Cornwall.
Hi guys,

Simon from Cornwall.
Hi guys,

Simon from Cornwall.
Hi guys,

Simon from Cornwall.
Thanks Steve B, I should have had a good look round the site,
I'm trying to by the part Et_0104, on the german site but it says not shipping to UK.
Can anybody tell me where you can buy the fridge sensor in the UK!.

SpudULike

Interestingly I had the same issue with the fridge a few weeks ago but it appears to have resolved spontaneously. However I did order a thermostat from the German website https://coolandshop.de/p/temperaturfuehler that Steve B referenced in his post. The part arrived via UPS in a few days.
Thanks for that, That's the site i tried?, We are now trying to buy through "Vantastic" who said they could order through their suppliers at Westfalia, Hopefully this works!. Thanks All.

Scrumpy

Mine needs replacing. I live full time in MP until I find right conversion, build time or just the base vehicle at a sensible price
I do lots of miles and a full fridge on 1 or any number as broken will get very cold and anything less than half full will start to freeze
However with driving the battery charges itself and the items stay chilled all day
I appreciate the summers coming but just to reassure you, if you can’t get it replaced before you go away

SpudULike

Mine needs replacing. I live full time in MP until I find right conversion, build time or just the base vehicle at a sensible price
I do lots of miles and a full fridge on 1 or any number as broken will get very cold and anything less than half full will start to freeze
However with driving the battery charges itself and the items stay chilled all day
I appreciate the summers coming but just to reassure you, if you can’t get it replaced before you go away
Campervantastic tried to contact Westfalia about purchasing a fridge sensor but they would not distribute to them!
I have some friend who said they will have a look at it in about 3 weeks as his job entails this sort of thing. will see how it goes!!
Thx Scrumpy

Scrumpy

Forgot to mention, might seem obvious but with a faulty thermostat the battery will run low very quick. I found a day of hook up, did help keep it charged for me to use the fridge a lot longer without noticing many bars dropping of the display
For me full time I buy bags of ice,
double bagged and try to keep the door closed

SpudULike

Forgot to mention, might seem obvious but with a faulty thermostat the battery will run low very quick. I found a day of hook up, did help keep it charged for me to use the fridge a lot longer without noticing many bars dropping of the display
For me full time I buy bags of ice,
double bagged and try to keep the door closed
Thanks for the tip, I have managed to take the wire sensor out, although the clip was difficult to get the wire out,
Sending to friend who will help me diagnose the problem!!!