Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo and Horizon roof blistering questionnaire

Grand Tourismo

Hi,
If you are interested in helping out to document just how many MP and Horizon roofs have been affected by blistering please read on...

Enclosed in this post is a link to an online questionnaire created in Google Forms, the idea is to create a permanent document for Marco Polo and Horizon owners to refer to in relation to the roof claim issue.
It takes less than two minutes to complete.

When you have completed the questionnaire you will be able to review the results of the data from your own input as well as all other vehicle owners who share their experiences.
The hope is that this shared data may shed light on what is going on with the faulty roofs, maybe assist in discovering what is causing the issue and support any claims owners may have with Mercedes Benz in the future.

Please read first, before you fill out the form:

You may need a Google account or Gmail account to access the questionnaire
Please fill out the form as fully as possible
Please only fill the form in once, let's keep the data as genuine as possible
If you fill out the questionnaire and things change, or you make a mistake, the form will allow you to edit your answers to reflect your current roof status
Please keep adding info to the form as the years pass, this will help to keep the data as current as possible
And finally...
Please remember this is a publicly viewable by all document, keep your data safe and please refrain from using profanities or foul language

Finally if you have any comments to make about the questionnaire or would like to see a particular question asked in relation to the MP roof issue please post it in this thread.
Thank you in advance for your support, here is the link:

For those of you seeking an update of all the current responses you can click the below link to visit the response page:

UPDATE Nov 2021:
Can I personally thank you all for taking the time to fill out your details in the questionnaire.
We have had an excellent response to this and I have at least one documented case of the questionnaire directly helping one of our fellow MP owners in France to secure a successful warranty claim after months of trying....big kudos to you all for that! :Thumbs up:

The roof questionnaire has been updated to include a section about roof cracking. If you have experienced this please head over to the form and update your details.

Finally can I ask you to keep heading back to the form and updating as your roof issues are processed. In this way we will be able to see the problem "wash out" as it gets sorted.
Thanks once again!

Last edited:
Completed, great work, may help in the future. A few points though as I am sure there are many like me waiting for the second roof, claim has been approved awaiting the parts. Also my colour is supposed to be MB Indium Grey Metallic when i bought from MB. there are two greys in survey but this not one of them?
Hi,
If you are interested in helping out to document just how many MP and Horizon roofs have been affected by blistering please read on...

Enclosed in this post is a link to an online questionnaire created in Google Forms, the idea is to create a permanent document for Marco Polo and Horizon owners to refer to in relation to the roof claim issue.

When you have completed the questionnaire you will be able to review the results of the data from your own input as well as all other vehicle owners who share their experiences.
The hope is that this shared data may shed light on what is going on with the faulty roofs, maybe assist in discovering what is causing the issue and support any claims owners may have with Mercedes Benz in the future.

Please read first, before you fill out the form:

You may need a Google account or Gmail account to access the questionnaire
Please fill out the form as fully as possible
Please only fill the form in once, let's keep the data as genuine as possible
If you fill out the questionnaire and things change or you make a mistake the form will allow you to edit your answers to reflect your current roof status
please keep adding info the the form as the years pass, this will help to keep the data as current as possible
And finally...
Please remember this is a publicly viewable by all document, keep your data safe and please refrain from using profanities or foul language

Finally if you have any comments to make about the questionnaire or would like to see a particular question asked in relation to the MP roof issue please post it in this thread.
Thank you in advance for your support, here is the link:

Grand Tourismo

Completed, great work, may help in the future. A few points though as I am sure there are many like me waiting for the second roof, claim has been approved awaiting the parts. Also my colour is supposed to be MB Indium Grey Metallic when i bought from MB. there are two greys in survey but this not one of them?
Hi Paul,
Thanks for logging your data.
I have made a couple of changes to the form to reflect your position, feel free to edit your responses.

Steve B

Completed, and thanks for setting this up GT, it took under a minute to complete. I hope we can get as many responses as possible to just get a statistical feel for this issue. Once you have a new roof its not guaranteed that this has gone away!

Grand Tourismo

Completed, and thanks for setting this up GT, it took under a minute to complete. I hope we can get as many responses as possible to just get a statistical feel for this issue. Once you have a new roof its not guaranteed that this has gone away!
My thoughts entirely Steve, it should provide us with a view on the size and scale of the issue and if/when a true fix is in place i.e. when new vehicles do not appear or when repaired roofs do not re-appear....also if vehicle age, colour or storage conditions effect the outcome.

Paul Mc

My thoughts entirely Steve, it should provide us with a view on the size and scale of the issue and if/when a true fix is in place i.e. when new vehicles do not appear or when repaired roofs do not re-appear....also if vehicle age, colour or storage conditions effect the outcome.
Marco Polo Roof Blisters Survey / Questionnaire
I’ve shared a link to your questionnaire on the Mercedes Marco Polo Facebook Group.
Noticed a response from one MP owner saying she didn’t have or need a Google account and was wondering if there was an alternative means of logging her MP’s details?

Last edited:

Grand Tourismo

Marco Polo Roof Blisters Survey / Questionnaire
I’ve shared a link to your questionnaire on the Mercedes Marco Polo Facebook Group.
Noticed a response from one MP owner saying she didn’t have or need a Google account and was wondering if there was an alternative means of logging her MP’s details?
Many thanks Paul, I wondered why we moved from 12 responses to 43 responses within 24 hrs! Good Work

I understand the MP owner referring to the need for a Google account. The issue is that this form is created in Google Forms which is part of the suit of free software that Google provides with an account. It is therefore not possible to migrate the form elsewhere and maintain the data we have.

There is other survey software out there we as a group can use, but respondents will have to create accounts or provide data to access that software as well.
On balance most people are OK with using a Google or creating a gmail account for this purpose and then deleting it.

Paul Mc

Thanks, GT.
I did suggest to the MP owner that it would only take a few minutes to set up a free google account and that their support would be appreciated.
Hopefully the numbers of very dissatisfied MP owners taking part in the survey will continue to increase.
keep up the good work!

Grand Tourismo

Hi,
I was expecting a maximum number of responses of some 10 or 20 but I am surprised and pleased to report that at the time of writing this there are 45 high quality respondents - so thank you all for your time and efforts, well done all!!

Here are some interesting interim results from the survey:

• Of 45 respondents, 21 are black vehicles but other colour vehicles are also included in the data - so the roof issue is not just limited to one vehicle colour
  • There is an evenly mixed spread of vehicle age between 2017 - 2019 (and thankfully no 2020 vehicles have logged yet) - so this issue is not limited to just one or two years of production but is more widespread
  • There is an even spread of mileage use - so driving/not driving your vehicle does not affect the roof outcome
  • 28 of the 45 respondents 62%, have had at least one roof replacement
  • 31 people asses their vehicle as "in need of a roof replacement now" - nearly 69% of people responding feel their vehicle needs a new roof, even though 28 people responding have already had a new roof. This tells us that replacing the roof one time does not mean that it will cure the issue, you may need future replacement roofs
  • 18 of the so far replaced roofs do not carry a dated warranty period for the replacement work
I think we all may have guessed this might be the case but it is good to have our thoughts confirmed.
I will report back here with the full results after the survey has run for a little more time and the number of responses slow down.

I have added in some extra vehicle colour variants as some were missing.

If you wish to review all responses you can do this yourself by attempting to fill out the form again, you should see the option to "edit your response" or to "view previous responses" - click on this to view all responses

Please feel free to go back into the survey and edit your responses to reflect any changes in your circumstance, what would be great to see is that no-one is waiting for a roof replacement and no new vehicles are being logged, only then will we know we have the issue sorted.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to support your fellow Marco Polo owners and have a great year out in your van (when we can of course!)

GT

Gek

Hi,
I was expecting a maximum number of responses of some 10 or 20 but I am surprised and pleased to report that at the time of writing this there are 45 high quality respondents - so thank you all for your time and efforts, well done all!!

Here are some interesting interim results from the survey:

• Of 45 respondents, 21 are black vehicles but other colour vehicles are also included in the data - so the roof issue is not just limited to one vehicle colour
  • There is an evenly mixed spread of vehicle age between 2017 - 2019 (and thankfully no 2020 vehicles have logged yet) - so this issue is not limited to just one or two years of production but is more widespread
  • There is an even spread of mileage use - so driving/not driving your vehicle does not affect the roof outcome
  • 28 of the 45 respondents 62%, have had at least one roof replacement
  • 31 people asses their vehicle as "in need of a roof replacement now" - nearly 69% of people responding feel their vehicle needs a new roof, even though 28 people responding have already had a new roof. This tells us that replacing the roof one time does not mean that it will cure the issue, you may need future replacement roofs
  • 18 of the so far replaced roofs do not carry a dated warranty period for the replacement work
I think we all may have guessed this might be the case but it is good to have our thoughts confirmed.
I will report back here with the full results after the survey has run for a little more time and the number of responses slow down.

I have added in some extra vehicle colour variants as some were missing.

If you wish to review all responses you can do this yourself by attempting to fill out the form again, you should see the option to "edit your response" or to "view previous responses" - click on this to view all responses

Please feel free to go back into the survey and edit your responses to reflect any changes in your circumstance, what would be great to see is that no-one is waiting for a roof replacement and no new vehicles are being logged, only then will we know we have the issue sorted.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to support your fellow Marco Polo owners and have a great year out in your van (when we can of course!)

GT
Out of interest- how many had the starguard protection... could this be a causal link ? (Unlikely I know)