Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking to Buy

David.L

Hi all;
We have been towing a caravan for over 40 years but have had to give up after a virus last year made manhandling a large van and awning impossible. We are now looking into whether a camper would suit us. As a Mercedes owner for 17 years, currently a E 350CDI estate, we find the Mercedes Marco Polo (Sport or AMG), not the Horizon version, appeals greatly but would obviously like to see an example to find out if the layout would suit us in regard to the facilities such as beds, kitchenette and storage etc.
Unfortunately no Mercedes dealer anywhere in the UK has one to view!
My request for help is please does anyone have a recent example within reasonable traveling distance, say within 100 miles, from South Lincolnshire (between Stamford and Grantham) that we could possibly look at so we can see if it would suit us before we move on to either ordering one new (likely the AMG Line) or buying a recent (2019 or later) pre-loved vehicle.
Here's in Hope;
David

Steve B

Hi David, there are a couple for sale on here, I'm sure they would help you out (look at recent post on the right side of the main page). You need to pay the VIP fee to proceed though.

David.L

Thanks Steve; I will check them out, hopefully they may let us have a look, seems like a bit cheeky though as I am in the "feasibility study" stage and they are looking to sell.

Hi all;
We have been towing a caravan for over 40 years but have had to give up after a virus last year made manhandling a large van and awning impossible. We are now looking into whether a camper would suit us. As a Mercedes owner for 17 years, currently a E 350CDI estate, we find the Mercedes Marco Polo (Sport or AMG), not the Horizon version, appeals greatly but would obviously like to see an example to find out if the layout would suit us in regard to the facilities such as beds, kitchenette and storage etc.
Unfortunately no Mercedes dealer anywhere in the UK has one to view!
My request for help is please does anyone have a recent example within reasonable traveling distance, say within 100 miles, from South Lincolnshire (between Stamford and Grantham) that we could possibly look at so we can see if it would suit us before we move on to either ordering one new (likely the AMG Line) or buying a recent (2019 or later) pre-loved vehicle.
Here's in Hope;
David
Hi David
I have my Marco Polo for sale, see the for sale forum, I live in Beverley.
Would you be interested?
Regards
Keith

David.L

Hello Keith;
Thanks for getting in touch, Beverley is not a million miles away and we would certainly be interested to have a look if it is not too much trouble for you, at least we will know if the arrangement is for us and never know it might tempt us into making our minds up.
Our car is in for servicing tomorrow, they said it needed new gaiters on the front suspension in early March and the job was booked two days after lockdown - so got chopped, this week is the first opportunity to get it sorted after! We should get it back Thursday so could not come up until Friday if that would not put you out too much? Let us know if that would be OK.
Thanks;
David

Hi David

We could arrange for something for next week as I am at work tomorrow for a week and won’t be home until next Wednesday evening. Did you look at the spec of the van on the forum?

Hope that’s ok with you.

Regards

Keith

David.L

Hi Keith;
No problem, I did have a look at the spec on the forum, sounds quite near to what we were considering. The first thing is to see the "habitation" arrangements and make sure that the arrangement would suit us as we have never seen one, just the photo's in the brochure and we would be downsizing significantly over the 5.7 meter caravan that we have been forced to give up with my health problem.
Next Wednesday evening is no problem for us, it looks like a straight trip up the A15 and over the bridge. Will be in touch nearer the time and exchange phone details and your address.
Thanks again;
David

Captain Lee

Guys. I’m a new MP hopeful and have decided to buy. Need a bit of guidance - only two of us, but I don’t like the idea of a toilet in the van ! What’s the alternative ? I also do triathlon and need additional storage for my bike and gear... anyone pull a funky trailer to match the van ?? I’m also interested in the various awning designs. I visualise eating outside and keeping interior for bed and kitchenette , perhaps an additional area for storage , if we drive away for day ??? Lastly. I’m seeing so many mods. Solar, heating, AV. Don’t these things come as standard for such an expensive piece of kit and what would the experienced MP people recommend - anyone with a great van to sell can reach me on [email protected]. Not a black one, as the look like a funeral car (sorry ).

David.L

Hi Keith;
I'm afraid we have something else booked for the Thursday, would the Friday be OK for you, we are free then, early afternoon?
Regards;
David

Guys. I’m a new MP hopeful and have decided to buy. Need a bit of guidance - only two of us, but I don’t like the idea of a toilet in the van ! What’s the alternative ? I also do triathlon and need additional storage for my bike and gear... anyone pull a funky trailer to match the van ?? I’m also interested in the various awning designs. I visualise eating outside and keeping interior for bed and kitchenette , perhaps an additional area for storage , if we drive away for day ??? Lastly. I’m seeing so many mods. Solar, heating, AV. Don’t these things come as standard for such an expensive piece of kit and what would the experienced MP people recommend - anyone with a great van to sell can reach me on [email protected]. Not a black one, as the look like a funeral car (sorry ).
Good Morning
Just read your post and i agree with you about not having a toilet in the van, I also don't cook in it either. When my Wife and I go away we take a separate tent with us (vango hex air) and use that as storage and a place to have a porta potti. We cook on a portable stove under the awning or barbeque. We have a thule carrier on the tow hook which we load up with the tent and other bulky items, you could carry your bikes on it if needed. Unfortunately my wife has health problems and means we can no longer travel far so we are selling up. Regarding extra items that are essential to have, the heater is one and a 120w (at least) is a bonus if you go to a site without electricity and this also ensures your batteries are kept charged when laid up.
Hope this was of help to you and if you are interested in our van give me a line.
Regards
Keith

David.L

Good morning Keith;
That's great, looking forward to seeing you and the MP, my mobile number is 07712254595 just in case you don't want to broadcast your address on the forum, you could text it to me instead.
Best wishes;
David

David.L

Hi Keith;
I hope your week away went well and you arrive home well.
Just touching base to check if it will still be OK to visit on Friday to look at your Marco Polo? If all OK please send me your contact details & post code so that we can find you. My guess is it will take us about 2 to 2 and a half hours depending on traffic either A1 and round or up through the country and over the bridge, slightly shorter but possibly slower. I will take the dog for a walk first then have a quick coffee and hopefully leave here about 10.30 to 11am if that would suit you, arriving about 1pm, if that is inconvenient we could delay a little to arrive about 2? Let us know what is best for you.
Regards;
David.

Hi David
Just got your email, unfortunately my relief hasn't arrived so I am still in Dover. I will let you know by tomorrow if I can find a relief and when I will be home. It might be better to postpone the visit until next week. Sorry to mess you around but it is out of my control.
Regards
Keith