Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ladder solution

Paul Merritt

After looking for a long time for a ladder solution and not being drawn to any on the market, particularly the price, I decided to look at a bespoke solution. I purchased an off the shelf telescopic ladder and cut down the width and length to fit in-between the front seats, total cost £39.95 and few hours of my time, perfect.

IMG_20190824_133128.jpgIMG_20190824_133340.jpg

edzt

Like it, what length did you end up with and why did you narrow it....to store between the seats?

edzt

When you narrowed the rungs did you have to re-cut the slots for the slide buttons or am I missing something

Paul Merritt

I used one of cut of ends as a template, drilled out most of the slot then gently cut the rest with a wood chisel and file.It comes apart very easily just pull out the catches and drill out the pop rivets each end and the side comes of then its just a case of cutting each rung down, reducing the height is a bit more tricky because of the telescopic legs.
IMG_20190819_181953.jpgIMG_20190819_200346.jpgIMG_20190823_092926.jpg

edzt

Thank you, awesome job, height doesn’t bother me as I found a 2metre one on Amazon

I better dust my Dremel off

Im 18st and use that method all the time, just put your weight on the pivot/hinge point rather than the hand end of the armrest ! Try it it will save you valuable storage space