Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from a new owner

Robyn

A post to say hello, I’m new to this forum and Marco Polo ownership having picked up “Benny” our 220 Sport in blue last Friday from North Wales Mercedes Benz. We’ve waited just over a year but it’s been worth it and we knew it would take a while, we waited 9 months for our California in 2017.
Sold our 2017 California “Cali” to finance the purchase and looked at the new California but decided to go for the Marco Polo although the first time we have seen one in the flesh was when we collected Benny, a leap of faith which has worked out. Thankfully we avoided the big price increase from ordering to delivery.
Many similarities between the Cali and Benny but the MB feels more luxurious and more car like. Still exploring the vehicle, having to read the manual and some head scratching involved but the forum is going to be useful. A priority purchase will be a spare wheel set. I’d appreciate any recommendations as to best place get a spare wheel.
Thanks

The fat controller

Congratulations!

I also felt uneasy about the lack of spare wheel initially but after 11k miles and no issues I have stopped thinking about it so much. That said.... I'm interested in a retro fit spare assuming the recess is still there, should anyone be able to work out how to do it!

It's a lovely vehicle albeit somewhat complex, enjoy getting to know it!

J

j200george

VIP Member
Congratulations and welcome. It’s a bit of a learning curve for sure but this site (albeit a bit quiet at times) is a great resource and together with the mark’s Marco Polo series on you tube I’m sure you’ll end up as confused/ informed as rest of us ;-p

good luck and many happy days campervanning.

Steve B

Hello & Welcome; plenty on here, its a good library as most issues are well documented (as well as good things). We're very happy with ours and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours

Ki5hoo

Congratulations!

I also felt uneasy about the lack of spare wheel initially but after 11k miles and no issues I have stopped thinking about it so much. That said.... I'm interested in a retro fit spare assuming the recess is still there, should anyone be able to work out how to do it!

It's a lovely vehicle albeit somewhat complex, enjoy getting to know it!
Hi, I had the same problem, but mine was imported from Germany as wanted a left hand Drive. When I got it back to England, I was furious when there was no spare wheel, no pump or the foam to fill into the tyre. I got a retro fixtures from a Mercedes Dealer in Dartford, who were reluctant to sell me this!! you'll just have to make a couple of holes in the back to hold the wheel, also you'll have to buy a steel wheel and tyre, which Mercedes were reluctant to sell!! I went to Norway in June and did 7500 miles, and a spare tyre, puts your mind at ease when you're miles away from a garage. I fitted it myself, though I had a friend help

Attachments

• IMG_1930.PNG
    IMG_1930.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8734.jpg
    IMG_8734.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17