Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating

WILLH

I have not been as far as the south of France but I have driven from Lancashire to Paris-around 570 miles and the MP took it in its stride-an easy journey.Most of it was in darkness as well.

Israel

If you have both heaters then the water heater can be used to warm the engine coolant and can be controlled remotely. This means on a cold morning you can pre-heat the cabin and warm the coolant prior to starting the engine to reduce wear and tear. If you have the warm air heater then you’d use this if you want to continuously maintain a temperature in the cabin when parked up overnight since the water heater can only be used for limited periods of time.
+1. This

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

BabaJen

For those considering a very expensive option:

@Braysaway mentions a small fan heater.

I use a 500w little block of a thing, sits between passenger seat and kitchen end (California, not MP) when travelling, and recently on-grid as I was towing my Sisters caravan and it did a surprising job at keeping the van warm. Total cost £18, uses about 3A so will run on french campsites without Pierre marching over threatening to disembowel anyone who trips his site's electricity and has proved to be amazingly rugged (drooped about 6 times now).

I have used it on tickover at night and been lovely and warm (and only use 4.5 tog duvet all year round).

mptripsaway

For those considering a very expensive option:

@Braysaway mentions a small fan heater.

I use a 500w little block of a thing, sits between passenger seat and kitchen end (California, not MP) when travelling, and recently on-grid as I was towing my Sisters caravan and it did a surprising job at keeping the van warm. Total cost £18, uses about 3A so will run on french campsites without Pierre marching over threatening to disembowel anyone who trips his site's electricity and has proved to be amazingly rugged (drooped about 6 times now).

I have used it on tickover at night and been lovely and warm (and only use 4.5 tog duvet all year round).

I agree. I've had mine for a few years now and used it previously to heat my Karsten tent. I still consider it to be a good choice for those who don't go off grid in cold weather. although mine is 2kw it has settings at .5kw,1kw & 1.5 and so far have managed not to trip out site supply. In summer or warm weather then I'm happy to be off grid for a couple of days with heating not required. :)

Katie

Agree with the above but we love to go out for days all year round. Birdwatching from the warmth of the van or taking a nap when my partners out doing something energetic is all made possible by the auxiallary heater. If you don’t intend to camp off grid or use for long days out then a little heater is perfect and will be more than enough to keep the van warm, as well as cheaper, if you’re paying for an electric hook up pitch.