Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bubbling roof paint

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Hi just need some advise please. Under warranty roof diagnostics confirmed bubbling and have ordered new roof. Van now out of warranty as two months and all I get told if roof is in back order and can’t give me a date. I always have to call to chase and after 7 calls need to know how I move it up a gear. Any help or shared experiences would be much appreciated

SteveR

Hi just need some advise please. Under warranty roof diagnostics confirmed bubbling and have ordered new roof. Van now out of warranty as two months and all I get told if roof is in back order and can’t give me a date. I always have to call to chase and after 7 calls need to know how I move it up a gear. Any help or shared experiences would be much appreciated
Why the rush?
If they have ordered the roof and it is in hand, sit back and enjoy your van. The bubbling is not structural and will get sorted eventually. May even be over the winter which may be a better time anyway.
Yes, they should update you regularly. But chasing or escalating isn't going to get you a roof any quicker.
Bottom line is as long as they have agreed to cover costs you are in a good place
Mine took many months to arrive and a further couple of weeks to fit.
Just my 2p

Carol

I’m still waiting since last November , but understand the wait has been due to MB sorting the roof problem out . Last l heard will get fit probably sept / oct

mattpryke68

On the roof topic!! Had my replacement a few months ago….so far so good….although it’s frost that seems to cause it.
I asked my dealer if the new roof has another 3 years warranty & they said “no”! My warranty is up in December….if it happens again I will go mad!!
Has anyone else with a replacement been told the same, or anything different?
thanks!!

Grand Tourismo

On the roof topic!! Had my replacement a few months ago….so far so good….although it’s frost that seems to cause it.
I asked my dealer if the new roof has another 3 years warranty & they said “no”! My warranty is up in December….if it happens again I will go mad!!
Has anyone else with a replacement been told the same, or anything different?
thanks!!
Hi Mattpryke68, not sure if you are a newbie or not but if so welcome along :Welcome:

I have a mail from MB UK categorically stating that a replacement roof is categorised under the parts warranty scheme of two years from date of installation, irrespective of when your vehicle warranty expires (unless of course your overall vehicle warranty is longer, but that is unlikely)
It is also worth noting that my vehicle is out of official vehicle warranty status, has not yet had a replacement roof and yet MB UK have still covered the roof issue as it is part of an affected batch of VIN numbers.

My personal view is that the new roofs (those fitted after Sep '20 and maybe earlier) may have cured the issue, there seems to be a degree of confidence about this and I feel confident that MB have your back if it does go wrong. Enjoy your MP, all will be well :Thumbs up:

mattpryke68

Hi Mattpryke68, not sure if you are a newbie or not but if so welcome along :Welcome:

I have a mail from MB UK categorically stating that a replacement roof is categorised under the parts warranty scheme of two years from date of installation, irrespective of when your vehicle warranty expires (unless of course your overall vehicle warranty is longer, but that is unlikely)
It is also worth noting that my vehicle is out of official vehicle warranty status, has not yet had a replacement roof and yet MB UK have still covered the roof issue as it is part of an affected batch of VIN numbers.

My personal view is that the new roofs (those fitted after Sep '20 and maybe earlier) may have cured the issue, there seems to be a degree of confidence about this and I feel confident that MB have your back if it does go wrong. Enjoy your MP, all will be well :Thumbs up:
Thank you very much for your reply!! This gives me a level of reassurance!! Many thanks!

R

Rodders

VIP Member
All very good information and thank you for sharing :Banana Dance

Carol

Contacted bodyshop and was told MB has sorted problems on roof , one roof on order , mine will be next , Told ring late Jan 2022 for update, lm out of Warranty but was reported before 3 years so no problem

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Hi just got mine booked in for the 22nd Dec and. will check on the warranty cover.

Grand Tourismo

Hi just got mine booked in for the 22nd Dec and. will check on the warranty cover.
Hi Rodders, if you have any pushback from the dealer please ask them to check the VIN list of affected vehicles as issued by MBUK - inside or outside of warranty should not be a factor. Good luck!

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Just got back from dealer Sandown in Poole and they are saying that as the car is out of warranty then they are not putting any warranty and if something goes wrong in next few weeks it would be a good will gesture if they fix it

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Thank you very much for your reply!! This gives me a level of reassurance!! Many thanks!
Would it be possible share that mail as my dealer is saying no warranty on this new roof. If it goes wrong in next two weeks it would be a good will gesture for them to fix it free of charge

Grand Tourismo

Would it be possible share that mail as my dealer is saying no warranty on this new roof. If it goes wrong in next two weeks it would be a good will gesture for them to fix it free of charge
Just give MBUK a ring or drop them a line explaining what works you have had done and confirm the warranty period...all MB UK parts come with a two year warranty, including the roof as long as they are replaced after your vehicle warranty has expired.
If the roof was replaced whilst your vehicle is still in warranty then the new roof is only covered until the vehicle warranty expires.

hope this helps

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Thanks again….will do and let you all know.. merry Xmas to you all :Banana Dance

Carol

Spoke to bodyshop earlier this month ,was told problem with blistering is apparently sorted , l must ring again mid Jan to see what progress on my roof order . They already have one roof on order for another vehicle

Scumpy

I'm waiting to hear back from MB Grimsby about a MP 2018 I enquired about.
After initial video call, they found an issue with the roof after going into the workshop.
Whether this is the paint issue or pop top not being put down correctly causing damage I don't know.
Bottom line is now the dealership are saying they won't be able to sell the MP.
Waiting to hear why?

I wonder if after the 3 year warranty ends, the repairs come at the dealerships cost?

I've put this out there as I've also seen another through a motorhome dealer, who I'd bet my life on, wouldn't want to cover the cost of any repair. Also only offering 3 month warranty.

Any thoughts friends

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Hi there all I now have my roof replaced and after talking to and writing to Mercedes’ thay have confirmed that :-
as the roof was replaced after warranty ran out and I did not pay to have it fixed then there was no warranty on this roof
if there is any claim then it’s up to the good will of the garage to repair and if not it’s all down to me !
Terrible as if the roof had been available in time then it would have been replaced whilst the vehicle was still in warranty

thespoddy

Hi Grand Tourismo.

Please could I have a copy of the (carefully anonymised) mail that you have mentioned. It would be a great reference.

Thanks