Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what sort of discounts are you getting

As a new member just starting the process of buying a MB Marco Polo, I notice the references to getting good prices via carwow. However, I am unable to find details to "build" a Marco Polo - the site seems to only list the V Class as a people carrier. Am I being thick and looking in the wrong place, or have carwow removed the MP? Any help/tips appreciated.

pumpsmynads

They must’ve removed it. I checked out an old email with the configuration I wanted and the offers from dealers. It tells me that the configuration is no longer available. If I try to reconfigure the Marco Polo is no longer there.

FYI, the highest discounted offer I had was 7.3% from Leicester.

They must’ve removed it. I checked out an old email with the configuration I wanted and the offers from dealers. It tells me that the configuration is no longer available. If I try to reconfigure the Marco Polo is no longer there.

FYI, the highest discounted offer I had was 7.3% from Leicester.

Many thanks... at least the dementia had not kicked in! I will certainly shop around the dealers - MB are notorious for stating discounts don't exist on their vehicles! I don't mind travelling further afield either if I get a better price.

pumpsmynads

I went out for a couple of hours test drive at Poole in a 220d (I’d definitely pay the extra £1,930 for the 250d.) I can’t remember the guys name (oops - I want to say Chris or Nick) but he was excellent and I mentioned Carwow & Broadspeed, etc.. and I’m certain he would definitely ‘deal.’

He did say that they don’t do all the handover stuff (3 hours or so) for Carwow deals, but it sounded like he was just making a differentiator for leverage.

I went out for a couple of hours test drive at Poole in a 220d (I’d definitely pay the extra £1,930 for the 250d.) I can’t remember the guys name (oops - I want to say Chris or Nick) but he was excellent and I mentioned Carwow & Broadspeed, etc.. and I’m certain he would definitely ‘deal.’

He did say that they don’t do all the handover stuff (3 hours or so) for Carwow deals, but it sounded like he was just making a differentiator for leverage.

Yes, the 250d will be my choice :) . Good info re. Poole too, thanks (not far from me).
Not sure if other upgrades/options are worth it though - e.g. Map Pilot to Comand Online and the (very) expensive Diesel Auxiliary Night Heater. I understand the heater can be retro-fitted to the vehicle with a generic one much cheaper.
Fortunately, the MP is well equipped as standard.
Probably 101 other questions, but will resist now!

Roy C

Yes, the 250d will be my choice :) . Good info re. Poole too, thanks (not far from me).
Not sure if other upgrades/options are worth it though - e.g. Map Pilot to Comand Online and the (very) expensive Diesel Auxiliary Night Heater. I understand the heater can be retro-fitted to the vehicle with a generic one much cheaper.
Fortunately, the MP is well equipped as standard.
Probably 101 other questions, but will resist now!
I test drove the 220D and decided on the 250D and I feel I made the right choice now I have my van. I went with the auxiliary air heater, and whilst expensive, the price compared to the equivalent spec VW Cali Ocean, where they are standard, was cheaper. I thought about retrofit but decided to go with factory fitted - I wasn't sure about buying a brand new car and then immediately making a major change. I thought a factory fit might help the van hold it's resale value better but same may apply to a retro-fit, it is difficult to tell with the vans being so new to the UK market.

I test drove the 220D and decided on the 250D and I feel I made the right choice now I have my van. I went with the auxiliary air heater, and whilst expensive, the price compared to the equivalent spec VW Cali Ocean, where they are standard, was cheaper. I thought about retrofit but decided to go with factory fitted - I wasn't sure about buying a brand new car and then immediately making a major change. I thought a factory fit might help the van hold it's resale value better but same may apply to a retro-fit, it is difficult to tell with the vans being so new to the UK market.
I think that is a very valid point.

kgb

I'm looking to place an order before the end of April and have spoken to two main dealers and delivery dates looking to Sept 18 (new reg). Without much pushing have so far managed 8% discount which is looking fairly competitive. Just trying to find out what service costs might be, any info would be appreciated on service costs and discounts.

Never bought on PCP before and if I have understood it correctly, you are essentially paying the APR on everything except the deposit you put down. So if you hand back you have essentially paid the APR on the term payments and the residual cost, not great if you hand the vehicle back. If this is the case cash I think..

Koops

I’m in similar position to you, test driving next week and thinking about when to order for September registration. I was assuming 3 month lead time, so order end-May. 8% discount seems good: which model and options are you considering?

I'm looking to place an order before the end of April and have spoken to two main dealers and delivery dates looking to Sept 18 (new reg). Without much pushing have so far managed 8% discount which is looking fairly competitive. Just trying to find out what service costs might be, any info would be appreciated on service costs and discounts.

Never bought on PCP before and if I have understood it correctly, you are essentially paying the APR on everything except the deposit you put down. So if you hand back you have essentially paid the APR on the term payments and the residual cost, not great if you hand the vehicle back. If this is the case cash I think..

Graham

I made an enquiry on Carwow in October and was quoted discounts up to a maximum of 7.2%. After much humming a hawing (as I have described elsewhere, including spec if you're interested), I decided to take the plunge in Feb and asked the dealer if the discount still applied. They said "the discount has halved but if we could do the discount offered before would you order?". I had test drive a vehicle at MB Edinburgh and asked the lad what they would do. He matched the 7.2% discount (on everything apart from delivery and VED), so I placed my order on 23/2 with an expected delivery of 10/8. They had already booked a slot, which they would most likely have run as a demonstrator, but just replaced it with my order. I had a call last week to confirm the details as it was the final date to change my mind on spec and they advised delivery on track for 10/8, possibly earlier. The number plate issue doesn't bother me as I will keep it for so long that it won't matter! In any case, I am putting a private plate on it and I want it to go abroad this summer.

RFT

Hi everyone,
I’ve just put a deposit on an unused demonstrator registered at the end of March - £54k against about £67k when I compare to the price list. Either the MP is not selling as well as MB had hoped, or there’s a major spec change on its way, which seems unlikely. I shopped around until I found the spec I was after and I’m pleased with the result.
I’m not looking to wind anyone up, I was simply after members own views.
RFT

mptripsaway

S
Hi everyone,
I’ve just put a deposit on an unused demonstrator registered at the end of March - £54k against about £67k when I compare to the price list. Either the MP is not selling as well as MB had hoped, or there’s a major spec change on its way, which seems unlikely. I shopped around until I found the spec I was after and I’m pleased with the result.
RFT

Sounds like you have a good deal. What spec does it have?

mptripsaway

250D AMG Line in Obsidian black
Comand
360 cameras
Aux hot water heater + remote
Aux night time hot air heater
Awning

Nice MP spec and a great price. I guess it being pre-reg is what bought you such a large discount from list price, pretty much double the discount I achieved when I bought mine to order last year.

Carbonio

Hi everyone,
RFT
The list price has to be taken with a pinch of salt. You can pick up most Mercedes with big discounts pre-reg or ex demo as I did with my CLS, 18 months old, almost a 3rd of the list price of almost 60k.

I was offered a demo 220d for 45k without even trying with less than 1000 miles on the clock. Once I said that it had the wrong color floor and seats the sales guy offered to have them re-trimmed and a new floor put down but I didn't get back to them.