Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what sort of discounts are you getting

Frenchie

hi. I had a look around a Mercedes and vw dealership yesterday and was a bit dismayed at the level of knowledge from the sales staff. but one thing I did see and overheard was someone signing their life away on a PCP deal that had an interest rate of 6%. no discount was asked for or given. so I wonder if this is why prices are so high, sales man not interested in making deals etc. what sort of discounts are being given without any PCP or HP. what did you get, if anything or did you not ask. Frenchie

Dundry

Frenchie, if you were at MB Bristol, when I spoke to them they suggested 4-5% discount which is less than the 9% offered by MB Cardiff through Carwow. MB Bristol were pretty useless imo, but they may have got to know the MB better by now. Having said all that, 6 weeks in from ordering and not a whisper from MB Cardiff or the factory of a delivery date so so far I feel like I'm still just window shopping.

Frenchie

hi, know I don't go to MB Bristol. my brother worked there a few years back so I know how useless they are. however I went to a dealership not far off and find the chap, misleading and when pulled up also useless. I don't know what carwow is. but if you made an order did you not need to leave some sort of deposit
. I have know idea how these things work, as normally I just pick a car that's there and take it away.

Hi. Managed to get 6% off plus an extra £400 for buying just before reg change using car wow. This was from Mb Guildford. Brooklands also offered 6%. One other, Nottingham were offering slightly higher discount but when I went to buy the vehicle had been sold.

Cheers.

Frenchie

hi, thanks for the replies. what is the process with carwow. do you buy through them or do you visit the dealer and order. how long is the waiting list. if they had sold the van, was it an ex demo you got the higher offer on. most of the demo,s I have seen have the useless water heater and other bits and bobs that I don't wish to have. so looking new at the moment.

Roy C

UK year-on-year new car sales are down 9.7% in September overall and sales of diesel cars are down 21.7%. Whilst the MP is a new vehicle to the UK market, and seems to be selling well, I’m thinking MB dealers are likely to be under pressure to sell whatever they can and hence it’s not a bad time to be haggling for a decent discount.

Frenchie

Yes I heard that on the news. but if people keep buying on HP why should dealers adjust their prices. I also have been told that Mercedes are following vw and reducing supply to the UK. so sort of making it a sellers market. anyway I have not yet found a dealer I wish to hand over all my money to, so happy for now to keep on looking.
F

BabaJen

Have VW reduced supply to the UK?

The dealers I know cannot get enough of them but that's been demand led not supply led.

Roy C

Yes I heard that on the news. but if people keep buying on HP why should dealers adjust their prices. I also have been told that Mercedes are following vw and reducing supply to the UK. so sort of making it a sellers market. anyway I have not yet found a dealer I wish to hand over all my money to, so happy for now to keep on looking.
F
I’ve just got some more quotes via CarWow and 3 dealers are offering 7.2% discount off a brand new car to my spec. The MP is new to the UK market and typically new cars / models tend to have firmer pricing that softens over time. Other members on here are getting good discounts so there seems to be better deals to be had than one would typically expect. People often change their vehicles before the end of the lease but people seem to be hanging on based on lack of consumer confidence so the dealers need to do something because those percentage drops in sales are enormous. Dealers need to finance their stocks and if they don’t shift enough units they are going to be starting to struggle.

Frenchie

Mercedes have reduced their supply to the uk, I know nothing about vw workings bar how supply and demand in the market place works. it was part of my old job. I think Roy that you are correct, its going to become harder for dealers to move stock with diesels in the firing line and maybe an interest rate rise coming soon once the banks have sorted out how to rejig their property loans. I know one dealer near by who as seen one or two people back out of buying at the last moment and they have the vans on the forecourt eating money. I just wish my brother was still working for MB and not BMW I would be able to find out more and get better discounts. F

Roy C

Well I'm going to be going in to place an order in the next few weeks since I want to keep my 4x4 over the winter and have the van ready for spring. I'll be taking my CarWow quotes and see if I can use that as leverage to get a good discount out of my local MB dealer and, if not, I'll look further afield.

Katie

I have just placed an order for a mp with 6% discount
I could have got more elsewhere but dealer is only a few miles away from me and I do prefer to buy local if it feels right to me
Going to find out probable build date tomorrow but looks like it will be next March

Dundry

Katie, any new on build dates would be appreciated. I ordered 6 weeks ago and dealer has no news. Very frustrating as it cant be that difficult for MB to estimate when delivery is likely.

We got 8% with Exeter, they matched a quote given to us by the affinity scheme through the caravan club, we financed it though so not a real saving!

alltorque

There appears to be an 'auxilliary heater' listed on the CarWow interior options for £1345 - is this the air heater or the water heater? I thought the former was ~£2500 so assume it's the latter. If so, how do you add the diesel air heater on CarWow?

Katie

You can’t - they seem to think the water heater is the hot air heater.
I actually got the car wow discount of 7.2% on the road cost from the dealer when I went to sign the paperwork and we agreed this to include the heater too.
He even threw in the paint finish treatment Foc - a very nice man!

Roy C

Yep, same for me. Couldn’t find the air heater so when I phoned to place the order I added it and still got the 7.2% discount on the revised price.