Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Welcome to Gunther

We took delivery just before Christmas so sorry for the delay! 250d AMG in Cavansite Blue. 360 camera, tow bar, aux air heater.

We have been away twice now (2 adults, 2 kids)

0E89FF50-52F8-446D-A7EF-8FCCF9DA6E67.jpeg
Rainbow cover on order...

Attachments

• IMG_14253 (1024x701).jpg
    IMG_14253 (1024x701).jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 85

ClaireDe

Very nice. What awning tent do you have? We have a stand alone tent, which works nicely most of the time, but thinking an awning would be better in winter months in the UK.
And camping is messy!

It’s a Vango Galli 2 low. Inflatable so relatively easy to erect but we are still learning. It is nice to be connected to the van as you can use it as a changing room. Some good deals this time of the year, I think we paid about half price...

The mess and not being able to find things is the most annoying part!

ClaireDe

Thanks - I'll have a look. Does it pack up relatively small? Can you fit it under the table storage? Trying to keep 'stuff' to a minimum but it's difficult.

We bought the Thule storage crates to sit on the back shelf - quite good at keeping things organised then. My problem is usually wanting something from the cupboard when the bed is down and it is inaccessible. Very annoying when I wanted the mugs and kettle - didn't make that mistake again!

PS we've got the Rainbow screen cover and pop top cover. Really like them but haven't camped in the winter - except for one night just my husband so didn't use the top bed. Did a weekend at end of Sep and was fine, didn't even turn the heating on.

It’s not small. We have the Horizon so no table storage. We had loads of room left in the boot though. The size it about the same as a full bin bag ( a big one!).

We went away last weekend with friends. 16° during the day but chilly at night! A glorious day around Dovedale...

Method7

We have the Horizon
@EventHorizon do you have a mattress topper? We spent 5 nights in ours and found it quite difficult to get Comfortable, we decided to look into getting a topper. The Westfalia one seems a bit thin and crazy expensive and it seems the options sold on here seem to be for the two seater.

Do you have a mattress topper?

@EventHorizon do you have a mattress topper? We spent 5 nights in ours and found it quite difficult to get Comfortable, we decided to look into getting a topper. The Westfalia one seems a bit thin and crazy expensive and it seems the options sold on here seem to be for the two seater.

Do you have a mattress topper?

The lower bed is a full size double and we actually use 2 x single Thermorest base camp self-Inflating mattresses. We had these already but I would probably buy a thicker m, double size Vango version. Go Outdoors have some very good offers on at the moment, around half price...

Method7

The Outwell Dreamcatcher Double is £76 on amazon. Perfect size for the Horizon..
We purchased the 7.5 mm option and used it for the first time over the weekend. Slipped it inside a double duvet cover as a sheet and used it like that, it was so much more comfortable and very cosy.. if you release the valve and fold the whole lot up in three folds it sits perfectly on the parcel shelf behind the seat.

It’s not tiny but well worth the sacrifice to drastically improve sleep quality for both of us.