Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Webasto Air Top 2000 STC Fitment

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
A little late with this write up but RL seemed to get in the way just recently.

On what was one of the hottest days of the year I was off to have a heater fitted. I was away early on the 180ml drive up country to Tim Purslow in Hook, Hampshire and got there just as they were opening, I was greeted by Leon who is the affable and knowledgeable chap I had made the arrangements with.

They needed the MP for the day so I headed off in a year old E Class with the aircon blasting. I caught up with some friends I hadn't seen in a few years and visited old neighbours for a Ginger beer and chinwag in the garden.

I was staying overnight in Swindon with some friends who live close to a 'Spoons, so it was nice to have an early evening burger and chips sat out in the garden washed down with a few glasses of @Grand Tourismo favourite beer Hazy Jane, £3.30 for a 600ml bottle:oops:

No phone call from Leon in the morning so headed off anyway and got there about 10:00. The MP was still on the ramp, seat, seat box and fuel tank on the floor. Seems my MP has the larger Adblue tank that had complicated things so I had to kick my heels for a few more hours. eventually at 3:00 I got the call. They had to fit extra titanium heat wrap and insulate the tank due to the closeness of the exhaust. I was quoted £1500 and although it took 1/2 a day longer than expected I paid £1531.71, the extra being for the insulation.

I highly recommend anyone who wants to retro fit a heater to check out Tim Purslow, they have fitted many Webasto heaters. Previously they used Eberspacher heaters but found the control/thermostat units unreliable. If they were closer to me I certainly use them for servicing rather than a main dealer.

Webasto.jpg

Webasto 1.jpg

Webasto 2.jpg

Webasto 5.jpg

Webasto 6.jpg

Webasto 3.jpg

Webasto 4.jpg

Grand Tourismo

Lovely neat job, I now "need" that plastic infill panel for under the passenger seat....do you happen to have the MB part number? If not I can get it looked up.

Sounds like it has been worth every penny when you take into account catching up with old friends and a slug of IPA to top it off!
Nice work SBD and @Tim Purslow.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Seems that some MP have the trim fitted and some don't, Leon said there was no rhyme or reason.

@Grand Tourismo the part number on the invoice is A44791093009051 Seat trim £15.50 10% discount £14.04 + vat 20%

DPS20K

Good to hear that you got on well at Tim Purslow. I visited them when looking to buy a second hand MP and the customer service was excellent. Ended up ordering new but wouldn’t have hesitated to buy from them if they had the right vehicle at the time. They are half an hour from me so I’ll probably use them for servicing as my local main dealer is clueless on the MP.

Marc o Polo

Great review, SBD. Thumbs up to Tim Purslow's, too. Good to hear your recommendation - have made a note and would defo consider using them, even though we are in Yorkshire! DPS20K - I wouldn't hesitate.

Looks the business, tidy, smart: perfect.