Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

water tank removal

harrington

hi, I have just joined:)
I need to remove my water tank as the pull out knob/cable is broken, can anybody tell me how or point me in the right direction please?

Steve B

Hello & Welcome; I've not had to remove the tank and I can't recall any threads on here about it, first time I've come across the pull controller being broken . There is a good video on youtube from a contributor on here about access to the tank, but that's about it.

harrington

Hello & Welcome; I've not had to remove the tank and I can't recall any threads on here about it, first time I've come across the pull controller being broken . There is a good video on youtube from a contributor on here about access to the tank, but that's about it.
Hi, thanks for the response. I discovered that the water tank and the plastic gas bottle holder are one unit so removing either would almost be impossible without removing some of the bodywork. I eventually cut a large inspection hole with a core drill through the interior side panel and found that the hook on the end of the pull rod had become detached from the opening/closing valve. It was simple to reattach and I will now use the piece I cut out to make an inspection hatch in case it goes again.
Thanks again for responding.