Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump isolator

Gedtin

Hi everyone. I had a similar frustration when draining the fresh water tank on my Marco. As I didn't want to mess with the wiring I looked for another solution. You may want to try:
Plugging in the shower but do not switch on and don't attach the shower head.
or leave the filler cap off whilst draining.
These should enable the fresh tank to drain.

Grand Tourismo

Hi everyone. I had a similar frustration when draining the fresh water tank on my Marco. As I didn't want to mess with the wiring I looked for another solution. You may want to try:
Plugging in the shower but do not switch on and don't attach the shower head.
or leave the filler cap off whilst draining.
These should enable the fresh tank to drain.
Welcome along Gedtin :Welcome:
I like the idea, the shower hose acts as a breather to help drain the tank down but I guess the water stuck in the pipe system up to the sink tap would still be airlocked in place.
The only way to let the water out of those sink feed pipes would be to open the tap up, let air in and allow the water to back fill the tank...then drain the tank of residue...but the tap needs to be isolated to stop it running dry.

Epigram

Shame on me !
Having started out with good intentions of puting in an isolator switch for the pump, I have gone down the line of least resistance and effort and applied KISS - keep it simple.
From my perspective this is:
An elastic band on the sink tap when the water tank is empty.
When draining for the winter, empty, refill, insert a sterilising tablet, refill then drain. Whatever is left stays there for the winter.
At the beginning of the season, insert sterilising tablet and refill. Leave a while then drain, refill and use.
If the water tastes awful drink more beer or wine.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Shame on me !
Having started out with good intentions of puting in an isolator switch for the pump, I have gone down the line of least resistance and effort and applied KISS - keep it simple.
From my perspective this is:
An elastic band on the sink tap when the water tank is empty.
When draining for the winter, empty, refill, insert a sterilising tablet, refill then drain. Whatever is left stays there for the winter.
At the beginning of the season, insert sterilising tablet and refill. Leave a while then drain, refill and use.
If the water tastes awful drink more beer or wine.
Yes shame on you, what no airing of the tanko_O
I have to admit that's a new on on me, never heard of it until now. The fresh water tank is internal as is the faucet. I guess there are not many who will lay up a MP over the winter in a draughty barn, so the chance of frost damage is minimal.

I'm the same as you Epigram, keep bacteria at bay by cleaning once or twice a year and drink beer from the fridge. I have to admit my wife does prefer wine.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Divert the pipe through the coolbox for your preferred tipple chilled on tap:)

Gedtin

Welcome along Gedtin :Welcome:
I like the idea, the shower hose acts as a breather to help drain the tank down but I guess the water stuck in the pipe system up to the sink tap would still be airlocked in place.
The only way to let the water out of those sink feed pipes would be to open the tap up, let air in and allow the water to back fill the tank...then drain the tank of residue...but the tap needs to be isolated to stop it running dry.
Hi Grand Tourismo
you are absolutely right if you are laying up or you are anticipating temperatures less than 5 degrees C then you need to drain the tap remembering to drain the shower also for the same reason(has a none return valve). If you are just sanitising the system then you only need to break the vacuum in the tank. I just leave the filler off for this. On a similar topic a friend of mine uses an ordinary garden hose to fill the fresh water tank. This is not ideal as they can contain bacteria. Better to use food quality hoses to fill your tank, they are definitely worth the investment.

fcarbon

Hi Grand Tourismo
you are absolutely right if you are laying up or you are anticipating temperatures less than 5 degrees C then you need to drain the tap remembering to drain the shower also for the same reason(has a none return valve). If you are just sanitising the system then you only need to break the vacuum in the tank. I just leave the filler off for this. On a similar topic a friend of mine uses an ordinary garden hose to fill the fresh water tank. This is not ideal as they can contain bacteria. Better to use food quality hoses to fill your tank, they are definitely worth the investment.
No traveling in winter ...? Wouldn't it be so that as long as there is enough expansion space in the tanks/pipes, so that the water can expand approx. 9% when freezing, it will not burst the tanks/pipes?

sovereign 68

I have a 2005 Marco Polo here in Canada.
I can’t get the tap working after filling the water tank. I have checked the fuses. The manuals are in German but can’t find any advice on the water system in them. Would love to get your advice.
I also need to convert the smaller euro gas line for the stove to North American propane tank fitting.
This vehicle is rare and rv techs are either too busy or don’t want to tackle this…
Thanks
John in British Columbia