Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Washing your Marco polo

Method7

Washing your car should be simple and pleasurable task but for various reasons I am struggling a little with this. Previously I would quite simply take the car to our local drive through auto wash but I’m not so sure about taking the MP through the process.

Washing using the two bucket method, by the time I have gone round it a couple of times rinsing with fresh clean water and a chamious leather it seems to take a couple of hours.

I cannot reach the top of the roof so thinking about using a step ladder and soft broom, it all seems rather painful.

What about ceramic treatments? Do they really work and if so for how long?

It’s possible that I’m just out of practice or too preoccupied to bother with this, the drive through is still rather appealing but I’m trying to avoid it. Also trying to avoid hand wash services since they are probably just as risky.. maybe the only option is to use a valeting service.

I take mine to the garage and use their jet wash , using the proper washing techniques and quick wax afterwards every second wash,I don't bother with the roof as it's a pain and mercedes are replacing them every 12 month any way lol I would like you avoid hand car wash they clean a 100 cars with one mit or even worse a sponge

BabaJen

My Cali just gets the pressure was pointed at it, covered in snow foam, rinsed off, any resistant marks wiped off. The roof is a pain but again pressure washer and step ladder.

WILLH

My MP was ceramic coated the day after I took delivery-it took a day to do as the paint had to be corrected first before the ceramic coat was applied.I wash by hand mostly,using a telescopic caravan cleaning brush for the roof whilst perched on stepladders.My local roller car wash will take the van-they jet wash all vehicles first and this is good once in a while for a quick wash.My van is still like new but lives in an insulated garage and has only done 3k miles.

BabaJen

My best car wash scenario was in the highlands four years ago. Foul February weather, living off grid for 10 days during which time there were 8 severe weather warnings.

I eventually emerged into civilisation and was heading along the Moray Firth, vehicle encrusted in salt and mud. Barely road legal. I passed a coastguard station. They were washing their vehicles off with a pressure hose. Two miles further on and the "if you don't ask, you don't get" argument had done the day. A U - turn.

"Excuse me mister but can I borrow your hose please?"..... :D

They were brilliant. Even went and got me soaps and a selection of brushes, and when they saw me struggling with the roof, a big coastguard officer with a big stepladder came along to do it for me.

Jamboree

I have the awning attached to the MP.
I am wondering if the car (with awning attached) can go through a "normal" gas station wash? OR will that damage the awning?