Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Very stiff movement of rear seats

S

Steveng

VIP Member
Hi has anyone had the same problem? If so any suggestions on how to fix ?
Steven

RobnCaz

RobnCaz

VIP Member
Hey Stephen, We had same issue - fixed with a few squirts of lubricant spray onto runners.... I used GT85, the stuff I use on my bike, I'm sure WD40 would do the same thing....

S

Steveng

VIP Member
Thanks Robn tried that but not much better , feels quite knotcky on the drivers side rail. !
Steven

Hi , I have encountered this exact problem and struggled until I started to hear what sounded like a small object moving in the driver side rail whilst driving ,I carefully lifted the rear bench clear from its runners ,leaving the front rails still in ,this allowed me to prop the seat upwards about 10inchs, whilst I tried to find what was in the rail.i discovered a small ball bearing about the size of a marble running freely up and down the rail in between the front leg of the seat and the rear leg, trapped in between the two.It was hard to find and remove but it solved the problem instantly and for the first time my rear bench now runs smooth and not notchy and difficult ,I would take it back to the dealer and show them my post I also have the ball bearing if you need pictures ,hope this info help regards Steve

S

Steveng

VIP Member
Hi , I have encountered this exact problem and struggled until I started to hear what sounded like a small object moving in the driver side rail whilst driving ,I carefully lifted the rear bench clear from its runners ,leaving the front rails still in ,this allowed me to prop the seat upwards about 10inchs, whilst I tried to find what was in the rail.i discovered a small ball bearing about the size of a marble running freely up and down the rail in between the front leg of the seat and the rear leg, trapped in between the two.It was hard to find and remove but it solved the problem instantly and for the first time my rear bench now runs smooth and not notchy and difficult ,I would take it back to the dealer and show them my post I also have the ball bearing if you need pictures ,hope this info help regards Steve

S

Steveng

VIP Member
Steve Thank you for your reply I took it back to Dealer and they fix it FOC said there was broken glass in the runners !
I have bought the rubber strips that cover the runners look great to .regards Steven

ColinM1394

I experienced a similar issue, I used a torch to identify some small stones which must have been carried in off our boots/trainers... a small paint brush and a Henry hoover, light silicon spray resolved the issue within 10 minutes...

LMAShton

Steve Thank you for your reply I took it back to Dealer and they fix it FOC said there was broken glass in the runners !
I have bought the rubber strips that cover the runners look great to .regards Steven
Hello, how much were the rubber strips, they sound like exactly what I need. I am also having trouble with the seat being incredibly difficult to slide.

S

Steveng

VIP Member
Good morning cover mounting rail Part number A63968409187c45
on German Mercedes website 24€ uk £45 look great too.

ianwoolner

Hi @Steveng could you share pics / details please? the Westfalia ones don't cover the entire rail which does allow for debris to cause issues :)