Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van Wi-Fi

Hi all

We have had a symbol.on the van which we couldn't work out or find in the Manuel, it's a vehicle with blue lines above. Dawned on me today that it could be wifi, so after searching for networks on my phone I'm chuffed that it is wifi but I don't know the password. Does anyone know the standard password provided by Merc

Thanks

mptripsaway

I think I have this right but somebody please correct me if the information isn't correct....

The WiFi is powered by your connected phone's data by tethering to the vehicle.

To then connect any other device. Go to settings on the device and select 'MB WLAN' I use the following procedure:

Connecting a device using a security key
Go to vehicle menu on comand online.
Select System settings by sliding down , turning and pressing the controller.
A menu appears.
Select WiFi by turning and pressing the controller.
The Wi-Fi menu appears.
Select Connect using security key .
Select the vehicle on the device to be connected. It is displayed with the SSID MB WLAN XXXXX .
Enter the security key that appears on the multimedia system display into the device to be connected.
Confirm the entry.

That works for me but as I said you need to have a good data connection (4G) for it to be of any use.

Last edited:
I think I have this right but somebody please correct me if the information isn't correct....

The WiFi is powered by your connected phone's data by tethering to the vehicle.

To then connect any other device. Go to settings on the device and select 'MB WLAN' I use the following procedure:

Connecting a device using a security key
Go to vehicle menu on comand online.
Select System settings by sliding down , turning and pressing the controller.
A menu appears.
Select WiFi by turning and pressing the controller.
The Wi-Fi menu appears.
Select Connect using security key .
Select the vehicle on the device to be connected. It is displayed with the SSID MB WLAN XXXXX .
Enter the security key that appears on the multimedia system display into the device to be connected.
Confirm the entry.

That works for me but as I said you need to have a good data connection (4G) for it to be of any use.

Thanks for this, I will have a look at it and see if I can get it to work

Roy C

I have my phone tethered to the MP but I am wondering what the advantage of this is. As a mobile hotspot others in the van can just as easily tether directly to my iPhone (I'm the one with unlimited data through my work). Also there are only a couple of MB apps and the only one I can see of being of use to me is TuneIn radio as a way of avoid the low quality AM radio signal when listening to Radio 5 Live. However I have the TuneIn app on my iphone in a holder on the dash so I can access the app on my iPhone and play it through the bluetooth media connection anyway. Am I missing something?

mptripsaway

I have my phone tethered to the MP but I am wondering what the advantage of this is. As a mobile hotspot others in the van can just as easily tether directly to my iPhone (I'm the one with unlimited data through my work). Also there are only a couple of MB apps and the only one I can see of being of use to me is TuneIn radio as a way of avoid the low quality AM radio signal when listening to Radio 5 Live. However I have the TuneIn app on my iphone in a holder on the dash so I can access the app on my iPhone and play it through the bluetooth media connection anyway. Am I missing something?

Bigger screen and you don't need to have your phone in a holder on the dash, other than that I'm not sure there is any benefit either.

Roy C

Quick question. Does the MP have Dab radio reception?
Unfortunately not. I read somewhere that it's something to do with the roof being removed and replaced with the pop-up roof. I think this is where the DAB aerial is situated for the V-Class.