Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

URGENT help required for electric rear reclining seats

Warren1212

Hi

I have just bought a 2008 W639 Marco Polo. After (stupidly) moving the seats down they are refusing to move back up again more than a few cm's.

The manual talks of a magical reset button for the seats underneath. But after 2 hours looking underneath with a torch and my best glasses, I cannot find anything looking like a reset button. I need to find out how to move these seats back into the upright position urgently. (I have tried it with the engine running just in case the leisure battery was low but no difference.)

Any help welcomed. Thanks

Epigram

There is a picture of the reset button for early V Class Marco Polo models if you search “Ooh I didn’t know it didthat” , post 6.
I am not sure whether it is the same for your vehicle.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

Warren1212

There is a picture of the reset button for early V Class Marco Polo models if you search “Ooh I didn’t know it dit that” , post 6.
I am not sure whether it is the same for your vehicle.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Thank you so much. My seat was slightly different, but it inspired me to go back for another hour where I finally found this reset button. Seems a deliberately hard to find switch, designed to get owners back to MB workshops (?). Anyway, thank you so much for your swift response.

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_205532.jpg
    IMG_20191127_205532.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191127_205508.jpg
    IMG_20191127_205508.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 25

Epigram

I am glad you found it.
Yours is an important post because it shows the location of the reset button for an earlier model which as far as I know has not been posted on this forum.

None is easy to find.but, given the comments on Mercedes dealers I doubt they would be any better.

For the sake of completeness I will put the other location on this thread so that they are all in one place.

Copied from Marin’s post I referred to in post 1 above (he deserves the credit for the nice picture!)

Here's one I just this minute discovered (after 2 years...). The last few trips I'd be having trouble getting the seats horizontal, causing some discomfort when sleeping. It wasn't out by much, but just enough. So, preparing for a long trip, I read the manual more closely and discovered a "secret" reset button at the back, and near the base, of the left-hand rear seat.

The button (black) is just to the right of the seatbelt tensioner and isn't visible as it is covered by a fabric flap. The photo shows it with the fabric flap hanging down (the beige thing at the base of the photo). I suspect it isn't necessary to lower the flap. By sticking your hand under the seat about 30-40cm from the left and feeling around, you should be able to find the button. I lowered the flap because I'd done so before when I fitted seat covers, but it was awkward first time since, although it appears to be held on by velcro, there are a couple of screws that hold a plastic bar at the top of the flap in place (you can see one of them). The bar is just a stiffener and isn't really needed (just as well as I broke mine when adding seat covers thinking the velcro was just a bit stiff....).

Anyway, just press the button and the seat seems to recalibrate itself, returning to vertical. Then next time you lower the back it becomes perfectly horizontal. Bliss!

Epigram

As more MPs are bought or change hands a problem with the rear seat may spoil the initial experience. Resetting the rear seat solved once the reset button is located.

All three locations of the reset button now in one thread for future reference!

Here’s the location for later models (picture originally posted by Brian Drought on another post

Of course getting the through load panel off is another matter, but you can feel for the reset button by putting you hand in the right hand drawer and you dont have to take the drawer off. If Mercedes had put a small hole in the front of the through load cover panel it would have made life much simpler!
(I have never had to reset my seats in anger, but in view of the problems raised this forum I made sure I knew where the button is. I now use it as quick way to return the seats upright when tidying up. I don’t think there is anyway of stopping the process once started and one day I will get something in the way and my laziness will be rewarded with the inevitable consequences!)

Looking at it if you pull drawer out it's to the right.

Attachments

Last edited: