Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unidentifiable tubes dangling from undercarriage!

Alun

Only had our vehicle long enough to do a couple of camping trip in but on our return from latest outing I noticed two thin tubes which protrude from the undercarriage through rubber grommets - they are positioned on the drivers side just behind the wheel, towards the front of the sliding door opening.

My concern comes from the fact that I have not noticed these tubes before and wonder whether this should be one tube has become severe/loose during use. Can you let me know what this tube is for and whether they should be connected? (Tubes are clear, approximately same length (20cm) and approx. 5mm diameter.

Alun

Thanks, that’s a relief! I thought they were severed but would be a mighty coincidence if same had happened to you. I have escalated to Mercedes so will come back when I get more info.

Katie

I remember on a previous vehicle I owned there was a tube going outside for water from the air conditioning to go. On my car the tube had become disconnected and the footwell of the car was getting wet
I know nothing about cars however but I’m sure those tubes are nothing to worry about as we both have them

Andrew Gamble

I suspect these will be the breather pipes from your battery and auxiliary battery? if around only 10mm in diameter then i'd bet thats what they are as the location matches up!