Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unable to lower roof- leisure battery low

bengmarshall

Help needed here. My wife is at Glastonbury with our Marco Polo camper van. She has just tried to lower the roof to find there isn't enough battery to do so. Still plugged into the festival site electricity supply and the car has started. I think the leisure battery must have run low.
Will the leisure battery recharge sufficienty using the car battery now that is ok? or can she bypass the leisure battery supply to have sufficient power to lower the roof? thanks Ben

J

j200george

VIP Member
Can’t answer the question on the charging but there’s an excellent video on line about the emergency roof lowering function. It’s a right pain in the arse but the roof goes down in small sections each side until closed.

Link here from about 27m30seconds in

Emergency roof lowering vid by campervan secrets

Last edited:
J

j200george

VIP Member
I think if you’re plugged in you should still be able to lower the roof. Check that NOTHING is impinging the roof. Ie the mattess is held in is proper place with the little silver pop stops and that there’s no bedding/ socks or whatever in the way of the roof.
Whole mattress needs to be hooked into the upper part of the roof and the key in position 2.

sorry if teaching how to suck eggs but the procedure is quite strict for proper roof lowering and I’ve forgot it myself a couple of times.