Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre life

mptripsaway

I have recently changed the tyres on my MP at 18500miles which I thought was a little on the low side of what I expected. I have the 250amg so tyres are 245/45 R19 102Y. The rears had worn fairly evenly and to be fair I could probably have kept them on a while longer, the fronts however had scrubbed the outer edges quite badly. When I spoke to my tyre man he said that for low profile tyres on such a heavy vehicle I had done pretty well (I'm still not so sure) what is the experience of other members on here?
For what it's worth I opted to replace the original Continental sport contact 5 for Michelin pilot sport 4 through Blackcircles and I'm very happy with them so far.

mptripsaway

I get about 20k on my transit connect so that seems reasonable to me, do the new ones look any different ?
Thank Steven,
They look pretty similar to the Continentals and not dissimilar in price. I chose these mainly for increased longevity (according to reviews) and Blackcircles were giving a 10% discount on Michelin tyres when I bought them.

Method7

@Braysaway do you find the Michelin’s any quieter? I put a set on my old V280 to replace the Pirelli’s and there was a noticeable reduction in tyre noise..

mptripsaway

@Braysaway do you find the Michelin’s any quieter? I put a set on my old V280 to replace the Pirelli’s and there was a noticeable reduction in tyre noise..

It's hard to say really. They are certainly not noisier to my ears although I have quite poor hearing so I'm not sure that I would notice any marginal difference.

BabaJen

My DSG 4 motion Cali gave me 30k miles on my last vehicle shod with Goodyear Vector 2 all-season.

Current vehicle, I am running with Michelin cross-climate, currently 16k on the clock and probably just over 2/3rds worn.

I do change at 3mm, not 1.6mm

mptripsaway

My DSG 4 motion Cali gave me 30k miles on my last vehicle shod with Goodyear Vector 2 all-season.

Current vehicle, I am running with Michelin cross-climate, currently 16k on the clock and probably just over 2/3rds worn.

I do change at 3mm, not 1.6mm
30k, that's a good distance. What size wheels/ tyres was that on? What is your best guess mileage for your current tyres?
I also changed mine a little early as I've got a long trip coming up so wanted to start off with the best rubber possible.
I've read a few of your posts regarding tyres from "the other place" and I seriously considered cross climate, unfortunately they don't do the 245/45 R19. So far I have been very happy with the Pilot Sport 4's that I had fitted, I find them particularly good in the wet and we've had plenty of that lately!

BabaJen

30k, that's a good distance. What size wheels/ tyres was that on? What is your best guess mileage for your current tyres?
I also changed mine a little early as I've got a long trip coming up so wanted to start off with the best rubber possible.
I've read a few of your posts regarding tyres from "the other place" and I seriously considered cross climate, unfortunately they don't do the 245/45 R19. So far I have been very happy with the Pilot Sport 4's that I had fitted, I find them particularly good in the wet and we've had plenty of that lately!

235/17 wheels.

My first excursion with the Michelin's were straight into a snow storm with deep drifting and they performed brilliantly. I do think the trade off for such performance is a softer compound so I am not expecting brilliance in mileage but 25k is my estimate. A quieter tyre than the Goodyear as well.

Martin

I changed the fronts at 27k and am about to change the original rears soon as they're down to 3mm after 31k miles.