Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule Omnistor 4900 - installation question

Ashleyjbassett

Our Thule Omnistor 4900 arrived today and with it, the Fiamma F35pro/F45S mount for Marco Polo.

It is going onto our new Marco Polo Horizon. Quick question - the instructions say the need to drill a hole in the roof for the placement of a rivet nut (rivnut) 181 mm infront of the existing bolt holes under the raised roof. Does anyone know any reason why we can’t use the existing (most forward) bolt hole to attach the side awning / canopy? Is this placement specific to the Fiamma Awning attachment bolts or is this a weight ration / aero consideration?

It seems that to attach the Thule to the brackets, holes need to be drilled into the the awning housing aligned to the brackets. (I’m thinking of inserting rivnuts here too instead of the provided screws - to protect the canopy inside). Anyone have any thoughts on this

Does anyone have any good advice to putting a Thule Omnistor 4900 onto the Marco Polo? Tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ashleyjbassett

Hiya, it was quite straight forward, just took my time and double checked everything before drilling holes (if I recall correctly, one in the van and four in the case of the awning.

Using riivnuts also worked well.

the brackets went on no problem and and it’s very sturdy. A little tip with the awning out and with a bit of rain. Have one foot slightly lower to let the water drain, otherwise a big puddle forms and you end up soaking the wife inadvertently and having a bad day!

Hiya, it was quite straight forward, just took my time and double checked everything before drilling holes (if I recall correctly, one in the van and four in the case of the awning.

Using riivnuts also worked well.

the brackets went on no problem and and it’s very sturdy. A little tip with the awning out and with a bit of rain. Have one foot slightly lower to let the water drain, otherwise a big puddle forms and you end up soaking the wife inadvertently and having a bad day!
Lol soaking the wife don’t seem to bad haha

Ashleyjbassett

we have the Thule Omnistore 4900, with the Fiamma brackets. I'm pretty sure the Thule Omnistore is the one that would come on the MP if you ordered it fitted by Mercedes.