Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule centre strengthening bar for awning

Paul n Jo

Hi,
As anyone got a centre strengthening bar for their Thule wind out awning on their Marco Polo?
I was advised to get one, which I now have but I think the instructions are for a Thule awning bigger than what they fit on the Marco Polo as it does not make any sense??? Tried you tube etc but NO help so I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how it fits etc as the plastic brackets they supply do not appear to fit to my awning or talk me through it please

thanks

Steve B

I've bought one a few years ago but had to make a few modifications to the bar. The main issue was the length when not in use, it was too long to store easily. So I cut the long section in half and luckily my mate has access to a 3D printer, and printed a plastic connector. Agree that the connectors to the awning are not great, I ended up gluing a plastic cut down coke bottle top to locate van side (I think), and the grey clip I had to do something with as well (can't remember what though). All that said, I'm not really sure of the benefit, the most important thing is using the tie down straps. It does mean we can have the awning out with just a slight fall to the front, and if water ponds the bar helps, but not much. I think you can live without one in all but extreme weather.

Paul n Jo

I've bought one a few years ago but had to make a few modifications to the bar. The main issue was the length when not in use, it was too long to store easily. So I cut the long section in half and luckily my mate has access to a 3D printer, and printed a plastic connector. Agree that the connectors to the awning are not great, I ended up gluing a plastic cut down coke bottle top to locate van side (I think), and the grey clip I had to do something with as well (can't remember what though). All that said, I'm not really sure of the benefit, the most important thing is using the tie down straps. It does mean we can have the awning out with just a slight fall to the front, and if water ponds the bar helps, but not much. I think you can live without one in all but extreme weather.
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply and several of us have taken a look at it (and we all are NOT numty’s) so I can agree with you that the instructions and brackets they supply are not suitable for my awning. Spoken to the people who I purchased it from and told them that in the advert, it states that the two poles are the same length for ‘easy stowage’ when quite obviously they aren’t. Their technical dept were not really any help as they have never fitted one either ‍♂️
So returning the item and claiming my refund

Many thanks
Paul