Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The long wait begins

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Have put down an initial deposit for a new MP - it's a leap of faith because I've not been able to test drive or hire one to see how I get on. The order is currently a 220 Sport in Blue Metallic but I do wonder what I will end up with by the time that a build slot is available. From what I'm told it will be a good few weeks before I get an indicative lead-time with an expected wait of 12mths+ (my money is on 18 mths) before delivery.

Still the deposit is fully refundable should I change my mind or if I can bag a nearly-new one....

Epigram

Wow that is a really long time.
There are definitely supply chain problems. I was in an MB dealers last week and their huge show room had just one new car. The others were almost new “exoticas“ to fill the space.
Not sure whether this is due to covid or brexit but definitely not normal.
Lets hope your wait it won’t be too long.

Have put down an initial deposit for a new MP - it's a leap of faith because I've not been able to test drive or hire one to see how I get on. The order is currently a 220 Sport in Blue Metallic but I do wonder what I will end up with by the time that a build slot is available. From what I'm told it will be a good few weeks before I get an indicative lead-time with an expected wait of 12mths+ (my money is on 18 mths) before delivery.

Still the deposit is fully refundable should I change my mind or if I can bag a nearly-new one....
I should have used DogWagen for my membership having two fellow travellers but never mind. I ordered a new M.P. on 1st of June and was told then to expect a delivery sometime next Spring, I hope your 18 month dread turns out not to be the case. I have not been given an indicative lead time, did you get yours from M.B. without asking?

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
I should have used DogWagen for my membership having two fellow travellers but never mind. I ordered a new M.P. on 1st of June and was told then to expect a delivery sometime next Spring, I hope your 18 month dread turns out not to be the case. I have not been given an indicative lead time, did you get yours from M.B. without asking?
The dealers are basing the likely delivery on their experience of other Build-to-order vehicles (eg G63AMG etc) which range from 1-2 years - I'm setting my expectations on 18 mths which isn't unreasonable given another's experience of 13 mths (and yet to take delivery) but it all depends on when a build slot is allocated. Ironically the order form states delivery in March 22 which I'm taking with a pinch of salt!

Slimnrp

It’s crazy over here as well (USA) we bought our Springer based Winnebago in November 2019 and I posted on the Winnebago forum that we were headed home to the UK soon - I’ve got people offering me what we paid for the van 2 years ago! It’s strange times indeed. Our Marco is due mid December which will be a 9 month wait - let’s see if it arrives…..
Good luck with your purchase and keep on top of the spec as there are bound to be some model tweaks during the wait time and you’ll want to be on top of them. I have added several things to my (Portuguese) van that were not on the spec list in March. (Digital rear view mirror, mirror light pack)

J_C

I ordered my MP in June 2020 and am finally getting it next Tuesday 26th October 2021 woohoo!!!!

Its been a frustrating time but on balance with COVID restrictions and value appreciation of the MP and my old trade in car there are som upsides.

I look forward to running into other forum members soon when I am on the road!

Steve B

Good news, you've got the heater so can still get some time away in it. You don't see that many travelling on the road, I saw only about my third one on Monday heading north on the M5, i wasn't in mine so just looked!

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
I've been chasing MB and having heard nothing, found a 2-year old, 1owner MP in a dealer in S Yorks and arranged to test-drive...as I pulled in, the MB dealer called and told me that I had a delivery forecast of "Summer" - June-August so not quite a year to wait. Ironically the test drive got canned because the leisure battery was flat and they couldn't lower the roof...you really couldn't make it up!

Blackrat

If anyone wants to beat the stupidly long waiting list I noticed while browsing Autotrader that MB Sheffield have a brand new MP 300 for £70k and a new MP 220 for £63k.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
If anyone wants to beat the stupidly long waiting list I noticed while browsing Autotrader that MB Sheffield have a brand new MP 300 for £70k and a new MP 220 for £63k
Had a chat with JCT600 about those on Friday - the ads are misleading because neither are in stock and are due delivery in Summer 2022 against customer orders. Interestingly, the 300d is a Horizon model - which hasn't been listed for sale in the UK for a long while.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Finally have had a delivery date for my new MP - Mid-August delivery to dealer and September registration so if it all holds, it will be 11 months from order to delivery. Just the small matter of trade-in v private sale for the current machine.

cmyers_uk

cmyers_uk

VIP Member
ordered in sept , delivered in June 8th now July and still waiting for the mess that is first registration to be sorted. it’s sitting on my drive having dvla said it’s not registered despite collecting it from the dealer and using for a week.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
That's a sorry tale indeed - hope your dealer and DVLA manage to sort that out promptly. Was it the wrong classification (MPV?) at initial registration?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

cmyers_uk

cmyers_uk

VIP Member
still not sorted this is the mail from dvla. The concern for me is this is mercedes main dealer , brand new car i was driving for a week before getting this from dvla . the dealer knew to do as motorcaravan which was why it was all manual so it took 3 weeks from car arriving to get it . now we are on second week with it again off road. i am praying next week it will get sorted as it’s all back at dvla but they can take another 14 days to 6 weeks but have everything crossed that won’t be the case

23C1381F-BBFE-4BE4-AE41-F9F8E2E7EFB5.png

cmyers_uk

cmyers_uk

VIP Member
yes they should , we paid for camper they gave us the camper we drove it for a week but DVLA sent them that mail telling them it is not registered and they have to start again to register it. in short this is the issues that has happened to me buying a brand new car from a merc main dealer . They have to do it manually ( apparently ) so it can take further time from when it hits dealer till you get it . mine is a complete cluster f…. i hope it doesn’t happen to anyone else .

below is collection day … i would have preferred it being registered not fussed about people seeing reg as it doesn’t exist a new one has to be issued

E893C89B-FB29-4241-859A-0728D1C7CD29.jpeg

TMC

How frustrating.

I have posted this before, it is instruction to dealers from MB

Changes to the registration procedure for V-Class Marco Polo models:

Background:

• Due to DVLA systems issues, to ensure the correct VED is charged on Marco Polo, there is a revised registration process until further notice
  • Please refer to Attachment 4 for full details
  • PLEASE NOTE: This only process only applies to Marco Polo and NOT Marco Polo Horizon

Revised Registration Process

· Please register all V-Class Marco Polo (NOT HORIZON) as M1SA with body type 27 Motor caravan, via the V55 document

· These can be registered as “Private Light Goods” with £280 VED (depending on weight & CC)

· M1SA vehicles are not subject to additional tax and there is no need to raise CRD documents for manual registrations

· Update ‘V55 registrations only’ flag on ERNIE rule

· ERNIE override: Category = M1SA

· ERNIE rule: Body code = 27

We suffered additional delay over Christmas whilst the vehicle sat at the dealership waiting for DVLA staff to get back to work. Once the process commenced it took about 3 weeks. The dealership (Sytner, Swindon) took care of it all and did it at first attempt.

Reactions: E&P
cmyers_uk

cmyers_uk

VIP Member
Thank you yes i had the 3 weeks wait :) 1 week of ownership now on the second wait !! Still worse things in life but appreciate the note

PeteS

As you can’t drive it I would ask the dealer to collect it and give you a replacement until this is sorted out.

cmyers_uk

cmyers_uk

VIP Member
As you can’t drive it I would ask the dealer to collect it and give you a replacement until this is sorted out.
we’re trying that , phoned dvla and they are useless nothing can be done could be 4 weeks so emailed ceo which don’t expect to do anything but was worth a try. it is awful 8th june car was ready 13th july and it may be another 4 weeks losing all the good weather i am crying . i cannot believe someone at dvla doesn’t have a heart and can sort this but finding them is like finding a unicorn