Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The long wait begins

DogWagen

Have put down an initial deposit for a new MP - it's a leap of faith because I've not been able to test drive or hire one to see how I get on. The order is currently a 220 Sport in Blue Metallic but I do wonder what I will end up with by the time that a build slot is available. From what I'm told it will be a good few weeks before I get an indicative lead-time with an expected wait of 12mths+ (my money is on 18 mths) before delivery.

Still the deposit is fully refundable should I change my mind or if I can bag a nearly-new one....

Epigram

Wow that is a really long time.
There are definitely supply chain problems. I was in an MB dealers last week and their huge show room had just one new car. The others were almost new “exoticas“ to fill the space.
Not sure whether this is due to covid or brexit but definitely not normal.
Lets hope your wait it won’t be too long.

Pete the Feet

Have put down an initial deposit for a new MP - it's a leap of faith because I've not been able to test drive or hire one to see how I get on. The order is currently a 220 Sport in Blue Metallic but I do wonder what I will end up with by the time that a build slot is available. From what I'm told it will be a good few weeks before I get an indicative lead-time with an expected wait of 12mths+ (my money is on 18 mths) before delivery.

Still the deposit is fully refundable should I change my mind or if I can bag a nearly-new one....
I should have used DogWagen for my membership having two fellow travellers but never mind. I ordered a new M.P. on 1st of June and was told then to expect a delivery sometime next Spring, I hope your 18 month dread turns out not to be the case. I have not been given an indicative lead time, did you get yours from M.B. without asking?

DogWagen

I should have used DogWagen for my membership having two fellow travellers but never mind. I ordered a new M.P. on 1st of June and was told then to expect a delivery sometime next Spring, I hope your 18 month dread turns out not to be the case. I have not been given an indicative lead time, did you get yours from M.B. without asking?
The dealers are basing the likely delivery on their experience of other Build-to-order vehicles (eg G63AMG etc) which range from 1-2 years - I'm setting my expectations on 18 mths which isn't unreasonable given another's experience of 13 mths (and yet to take delivery) but it all depends on when a build slot is allocated. Ironically the order form states delivery in March 22 which I'm taking with a pinch of salt!

Slimnrp

It’s crazy over here as well (USA) we bought our Springer based Winnebago in November 2019 and I posted on the Winnebago forum that we were headed home to the UK soon - I’ve got people offering me what we paid for the van 2 years ago! It’s strange times indeed. Our Marco is due mid December which will be a 9 month wait - let’s see if it arrives…..
Good luck with your purchase and keep on top of the spec as there are bound to be some model tweaks during the wait time and you’ll want to be on top of them. I have added several things to my (Portuguese) van that were not on the spec list in March. (Digital rear view mirror, mirror light pack)