Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The first service is due.

Victor wu

Hello everyone
My macro polo horizon first service A is due, I called dealer quote 490 pound to do it, I decided to do it my self and it cost less than 100 pound, but I had only issue is I could not delete service message myself, I looked YouTube there is way to do it by press call button and ok button together to delete it but it doesn’t work on mine.The reason I think is my model is late 2019 one.
Does anyone know how to delete it? Any idea please.
Thanks
Victor

B

Blackrat

VIP Member
Hi Victor,
I didn’t reply to your post immediately as I didn’t want to be the one to pour scorn on your plan.
Firstly I cannot answer your question about canceling the service message.
I would however issue caution about servicing your MP yourself.
As I see it you are saving £390.
The reduction in value of your vehicle will be far greater by not having a full service history. We recently bought a used MP. We would not have considered a vehicle without service history regardless of price.
Without a full service history you will possibly invalidate your warranty. The £390 saving could pale into insignificance should you have a problem with your car.
You will also invalidate your European breakdown cover by not having a full service history.
If you have taken all of this into account I apologise but it’s not something I would consider.
Regards.

Jts49

Jts49

VIP Member
Hi Victor, can you elaborate on the break down cover please. I purchased my MP when it was a year old and I am not aware of any breakdown cover.

Regards

SteveR

Hi Victor, can you elaborate on the break down cover please. I purchased my MP when it was a year old and I am not aware of any breakdown cover.

Regards
You are normally covered by MB Assistance providing, as Blackrat says, you have an up to date FSH

B

Blackrat

VIP Member

Regards
It’s called Mercedes Roadside Assistance and Accident.
There will be on sticker inside your drivers door with the phone number.
It covers all of Europe and renews free of charge each time you have the car serviced at a main dealer.

Jts49

Jts49

VIP Member
Thanks Victor, I was considering ADAC cover for Europe but clearly no longer required.

Hyrule

Sounds like dealers make it up as they go along. I requested a quote for my Marco, 7500 miles, A service. reply is:
""Based on the current and age mileage of your vehicle we would recommend Service A with brake fluid and dust filter replacement.

Total price inclusive of parts, labour and VAT £569.09"".

Method7

We had service A done which is oil and filters, adblue, winter additive (washer fluid) and brake fluid change.
£384.28. Only done 8000 miles..

I have no plans on selling our MP but it’s still It’s not worth sacrificing service history for that. The 2 year service of our old 1996 V280 (v6 petrol) was always £1000+ so when we got the bill for the MP this was quite a surprise.

Tee

Hi there.

We posted a while back here on first service cost (2 years old but only about 8000 miles) which was £300+. Thought this was ok given premium make and experience with bmw. Would like it to have been a bit less.

There was a lot of variation in cost on that thread. Also there was a lot of variance on monthly service plan cost. I reconciled that in many cases there was a generic V Class versus Marco Polo misunderstanding. Several V Class are Chauffeur/High uses the service interval and cost is high. Also the £48 per month service plan is the Chauffeur plan on deep reading.

Just had 3year MOT done and did chat with MB online about Roadside Assistance and they confirmed that it renews without charge on annual service. This I didn’t twig at 2 years but makes the service cost feel better going forwards.

I asked that if this was ok as service was about every 2 years but MOT was every year. They said this was ok and that MB Roadside Assistance would renew annually despite the 2 year service interval.

Bought and service by Sytner but chat was MB online.

Maybe a good idea that anyone else confirms with dealer/MB individually the same if they want to rely on the RA extension.

T.