Looking to buy or sell a Marco Polo? You can now advertise from just £9.99 Click Here

Temperamental Pop Top!

S

SuziCone

Member
VIP Member
Hi guys
I have a 2017 MP with an electric pop top. I’m currently heading back home to Gloucestershire after a wonderful couple of weeks exploring Scotland.
however, I am getting a little concerned with my pop top closure - when it’s coming down there is an increasing issue where in the final stage it sounds like it is ‘catching’ something on the right side just before closing and will have to be raised again.
Everything seems ok and can’t see what is causing the issue.
Can anyone advise or provide a known specialist (my home town is Tewkesbury)
Any help would be greatly appreciated
David
 
Check the black plastic component that receives the roof when lowering, this component iincororates the micro switches on each side if I remember correctly.
Mine snapped once and I obtained a replacement-all was fine after that.
I could have ben caused by being parked on an uneven pitch
 
Many thanks for the reply, I think the black plastic part located is at the front centre and is a latch device for a cylindrical security pin and this seems to be ok.
When the roof does not close correctly it is slightly open on the right side - I just cannot determine what it causing the issue - maybe slight misalignment.
Thanks again, David
 
Many thanks for the reply, I think the black plastic part located is at the front centre and is a latch device for a cylindrical security pin and this seems to be ok.
When the roof does not close correctly it is slightly open on the right side - I just cannot determine what it causing the issue - maybe slight misalignment.
Thanks again, David
We have had a number of problems when lowering the roof. On every occasion it has been caused by not being on level ground. A litle pressure on the side that will not lower usually works or drivng on to a flat surface sorts it out. Graham
 
We have had a number of problems when lowering the roof. On every occasion it has been caused by not being on level ground. A litle pressure on the side that will not lower usually works or drivng on to a flat surface sorts it out. Graham
Hi Graham
Many thanks for your reply, this is something that I’ve not considered but I can see how your solution can work especially with my current unpredictable success rate!
I am now back home after extensive usage for a couple of weeks but I will certainly try your approach/
suggestion on our next trip - thanks again

David
 
I do remember reading about level ground being very important. My routine for set up is level on the ramps (if needed) first after planning the best position for wind direction. Its always a bit of a nervous moment when you push the up or down button - will it work!
 
Thanks Steve, not sure if this is the issue as I’m usually careful when setting up and use a spirit level as a guide when levelling, I’ll try and be optimistic and hope it improves!
 

Marco Polo Club

Back
Top