Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table/Chairs/Storage

mptripsaway

Hi all,
I have read so many comments on other forums about the storage of table and chairs so I thought that I would add a bit of factual information here re: usability of rear storage area resulting from table/chair storage.
Here is how I use mine and what I store there................Its either stored in with the chairs or its in one of the two storage boxes.
Chairs x 2
Table
Levelling ramps & Chocks
25 metre cable reel
Water Hose & Connecters
Wind break 3 panel
Pegs & Hammer
Ground sheet
Camp Kitchen Cooker & Gas
Sun Shelter
Picnic Mat
Picnic Blanket
Mozzie Flares
Tea Lights
Collapsible Washing up Bowl
Travel Wash
Bin Bags
Multi tool pliers
Bits & Bobs Tin
Water purifier liquid
2kw Fan Heater
12v Tyre Inflater
WP_20170912_001.jpg WP_20170912_002.jpg WP_20170912_003.jpg WP_20170912_004.jpg WP_20170912_005.jpg WP_20170912_006.jpg

I like the solution that VW have of storing table and chairs in the door/tailgate lining and this I admit is not such an inventive solution but it does provide a top quality table and chairs and more than enough storage for my needs.

anyideas

Thats great thanks for sharing, its good to know there is usable space underneath the canvas bag. I must admit while others have found the storage issue to be a huge concern I didn't. The downside to the VW Solution is that the tailgate is quite chunky which means you have less living space once you've arrived.

mptripsaway

Thats great thanks for sharing, its good to know there is usable space underneath the canvas bag. I must admit while others have found the storage issue to be a huge concern I didn't. The downside to the VW Solution is that the tailgate is quite chunky which means you have less living space once you've arrived.
Totally agree,once on site lots of space freed up in MP.

terry1956

that's good. I think I will be dumping the table and chairs suitcase thing and going for good roll up carbon table and chairs. I have been using roll up carbon chairs for years and they will bead the alloy chairs all the time. as to the level blocks I carried these around for years and only used them 3 times in the end I just used a small spirt level placed on the dash to true the van.

Nick Pye

For a newbie to all this, this thread is invaluable.
I wondered about levelling blocks and a portapotti, but will hold off until we've tried out a night in the van and found out what's necessary. I still think a mattress for the lower bed is likely to be needed. Any thoughts? And does anyone else think that there are other essentials that Braysaway has omitted? All advice gratefully received.

terry1956

From years of experience in motor homing its very easy to run out and buy lots of useless kit. But there are a few things you need for sure. Good outside chairs,table, water hose and connections, one of the expanding hoses works well,power lead. I also always take a cobb for cooking,a little ground sheet for outside area and thats it.on a swb van you dont need level blocks as you can always move the van around a bit to get level a small lathe spirit level on the dash helps here.

mptripsaway

For a newbie to all this, this thread is invaluable.
I wondered about levelling blocks and a portapotti, but will hold off until we've tried out a night in the van and found out what's necessary. I still think a mattress for the lower bed is likely to be needed. Any thoughts? And does anyone else think that there are other essentials that Braysaway has omitted? All advice gratefully received.
I am pleased that it is useful for you Nick, I will post my complete packing list (minus doggie stuff and personal items) for you and anyone else to use or add too, with any luck we may end up with a comprehensive list from which to pick and choose whatever works best for individual circumstances.
In terms of level ramps, I will always try to find a level place to pitch but when only sloping pitches are available I use them in conjunction with a spirit level app on my phone. I don't know how to level the van on a slope without them?

mptripsaway

I am pleased that it is useful for you Nick, I will post my complete packing list (minus doggie stuff and personal items) for you and anyone else to use or add too, with any luck we may end up with a comprehensive list from which to pick and choose whatever works best for individual circumstances.
In terms of level ramps, I will always try to find a level place to pitch but when only sloping pitches are available I use them in conjunction with a spirit level app on my phone. I don't know how to level the van on a slope without them?
It has been recommended to me by others with pop top campers that where possible it is wise to park with roof facing into the wind so as to protect the bellows from the worst of any weather, sounds like a sensible thing to do, so in terms of finding that perfect flat area on a given size of pitch (for those who camp on sites) it could be a challenge when adding van orientation into the mix but if carrying ramps is a problem for you then maybe Terry1956 advice is sound, I personally place my spirit level on the floor of the van so that the van and not the dash is level, whatever works for each individual circumstance.

mptripsaway

I'm sorry for the long list, I have it on a nice excel spreadsheet but it would not let me upload the file. This is everything that I pack minus personal clothes, fresh foodstuffs and documentation relevant to the trip. I have found it quite important to organise stowage so that you can easily access key items in order that they are needed when you arrive on site, such as water hose to fill tank, EHU and level ramps if needed. After that I think it's chairs for beer o'clock time.
MP Packing List
Fairy Lights
Pegs & Hammer
Ground sheet
Mozzie Flares
Tea Lights
Dog Shelter
Wind break
Chairs x 2
Table
BBQ and tools
Charcoal and fire lighters
Gas Cooker & Gas
EHU
Water Hose & Connecters
Bicycles & Rack
Level / Ramps / Chocks
Pee Bucket with lid
Gas Lantern/Gas
Picnic Mat
Picnic Blanket
Portapoti - Future
Blue/Pink - Future
Tyre Inflater
Warning Triangle
KFS
Plates
Bowls
Glassware
Mugs
Kettle
Saucepans / Frying pan
Chopping board
Prep Knives & Scissors
Peeler
Wooden spatulas
Salad spinner
Salad servers
Jigger
Corkscrew/bottle opener
Tin opener
Tea towels
Coasters / Place mats
Tea Pot & Tea Tray
Swiss Army Knife
Table cloth clamps
Table Cloth
Kitchen towel
Mozzie spray (Avon)
Sun Lotion
Loo roll
Squeege
Hand towel
Towels
Hairdryer
Pillows & Covers
Sleeping Bags
Matress Cover & Sheet
Hangers
Cabin Blinds
Games / Entertainment
MaglightTorch
DVDs/CDs
Books
I'Pod
1st Aid Kit
Bits & Bobs Tin (cable ties, gaffer tape, string and such like)
Flourescent Jackets
Washing up liquid
Dustpan and Brush
Rubber gloves
Wash up sponge
J Cloths/dishcloths
Kitchen cleaner
Antibacterial spray
Fly spray
Washing up Trugg
Travel Wash
Bin Bags

Last edited:

Nick Pye

I'm sorry for the long list, I have it on a nice excel spreadsheet but it would not let me upload the file. This is everything that I pack minus personal clothes, fresh foodstuffs and documentation relevant to the trip. I have found it quite important to organise stowage so that you can easily access key items in order that they are needed when you arrive on site, such as water hose to fill tank, EHU and level ramps if needed. After that I think it's chairs for beer o'clock time.
MP Packing List
Fairy Lights
Pegs & Hammer
Ground sheet
Mozzie Flares
Tea Lights
Dog Shelter
Wind break
Chairs x 2
Table
BBQ and tools
Charcoal and fire lighters
Gas Cooker & Gas
EHU
Water Hose & Connecters
Bicycles & Rack
Level / Ramps / Chocks
Pee Bucket with lid
Gas Lantern/Gas
Picnic Mat
Picnic Blanket
Portapoti - Future
Blue/Pink - Future
Tyre Inflater
Warning Triangle
KFS
Plates
Bowls
Glassware
Mugs
Kettle
Saucepans / Frying pan
Chopping board
Prep Knives & Scissors
Peeler
Wooden spatulas
Salad spinner
Salad servers
Jigger
Corkscrew/bottle opener
Tin opener
Tea towels
Coasters / Place mats
Tea Pot & Tea Tray
Swiss Army Knife
Table cloth clamps
Table Cloth
Kitchen towel
Mozzie spray (Avon)
Sun Lotion
Loo roll
Squeege
Hand towel
Towels
Hairdryer
Pillows & Covers
Sleeping Bags
Matress Cover & Sheet
Hangers
Cabin Blinds
Games / Entertainment
MaglightTorch
DVDs/CDs
Books
I'Pod
1st Aid Kit
Bits & Bobs Tin (cable ties, gaffer tape, string and such like)
Flourescent Jackets
Washing up liquid
Dustpan and Brush
Rubber gloves
Wash up sponge
J Cloths/dishcloths
Kitchen cleaner
Antibacterial spray
Fly spray
Washing up Trugg
Travel Wash
Bin Bags
Wow! Thanks for this its gold! I've printed it and will check it out tomorrow. It's clear organisation is the key! Thanks so much Braysaway!

Katie

Wow, that list is amazing!
Just a couple of questions, do you get the electric hook up lead with the van and how do you get the water into it?

Nick Pye

Wow, that list is amazing!
Just a couple of questions, do you get the electric hook up lead with the van and how do you get the water into it?
Good questions Katie. I don't know as my van isn't quite ready but I'm sure others on here will know. If I get the van before you get a reply I'll let you know! :)