Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stowing the awning

Epigram

I took my GLC in for a service today and, while I was waiting, I thought I would visit the Parts Department to see if I could order the part in post 18 .above In case I ever wanted to remove my awning.
Afer showing the Parts Manager the picture, the drawn out conversation, with many intakes of breath went something along these lines:
“No Sir, that’s not an MB part.”
”I know it says Westfalia on it and its for a Marco Polo campervan”
”If it’s a van conversion you will need to go to the Commercial Vehicles Division”
“No its not a Vito, it’s a V Class which you sell”
”Then you will have to go to Westfalia”
”No, the Marco Polo is a vehicle and which you sell”
”Then it should have come with the vehicle”
“Not if the Marco Polo was supplied with.an awning”
”Then you will have to go to Westfalia”
”But what about the Marco Polos that MB sell without awnings ? MB has to cover up the hole when they sell the vehicle, therefore it should be on an MB parts list

More intakes of breath and scrolling over computer screens lasting several minutes……..

”Found it ! Shall I order it?”
”How much?”
”£53 PLUS VAT”.
”No thanks”

Given MBs hourly rate and the time it took to identify the part in the MB computer system they probably would be selling at a loss.

Tobo

We use the table but removed the chairs - take up too much space and not that comfortable either. We just take a couple of Helinox ones with us. Expensive for what they are but pack small and are surprisingly comfortable
Front Runner folding chairs with matching bags are so compact and easy to use.