Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Start stop battery exchange

Kvaso

Did somebody exchange small start stop battery already? Is it possible to do it without seat removing?

Rolandaa

I would like to know the same thing, we recently had an incident (again) where we woke up in the morning and the starter battery was dead, this is the second time this has happened and the first time we know the reason, namely that we left the key in position one when we went to bed. But the second time, recently in France, the same thing happened, the leisure battery worked, we had the cooling on, lights and heating were ok, but the roof could not be closed and the car could not be started. Just calling the Mercedes technician and after five hours we got the car running again. Now I'm starting to wonder, can't you replace the starter battery with the leisure battery in a situation like this? Since it seems to be the same type, it should work right?

D

David Fearon

VIP Member
It's located under the passenger seat (driver seat in Europe not UK). The instructions say to remove the side panel and then the retaining bracket (2 bolts) and pull the battery out, remove the neutral lead and then the live lead. Replacement is the reversal. I have a problem with my battery and was replacing it but got as far as removing the neutral lead and pulling it further out to remove the live lead but it wouldn't come far enough to do this. Worst of all the red plastic cover protecting the live terminal snapped off and and fell behind the battery and prevented the battery going back in so the battery was also stopping the passenger door from closing. Took me an hour and some cursing to get this part out and stick it back on with gorilla tape through the small gap, but all I could then do is push to old battery back in as without removal of the live lead, which is impossible, the battery cant be removed. Has anybody else had this issue and if so how did you resolve it. I can't see how to remove the seat and cant find the on-line either. It's clearly designed so that seat removal shouldn't be required but I wonder if they fitted the battery before the seat in the factory and don't know that the lead is too short. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!