Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speed limits

WillC

Can anyone confirm I have this correct, what is the maximum speed limits for a 21 Marco polo, looking at gov website a motor caravan with a maximum unladen weight over 3050kg then the national speed limit on single carriage way is 50mph and 60mph on a dual carriageway rather than the 60 and 70 for cars. As the Marco polo ULW is 3100kg, the lower speed limits apply.

Ta

Grand Tourismo

Have a check on your V5c, mine says that my vehicle type is M1 and is classed as an MPV...therefore I would say 60 & 70 would apply.

Method7

Yeah, as far as I am aware MPV,s run under the same speed restrictions as cars but motor caravans are lower.. one, possibly the only downsides of re-registering your MP..

It’s pretty understandable really when you see those top heavy plastic Fiats rocking and rolling down the motorway, it’s hilarious when trucks pass them, they must be a nightmare to drive, body’s overhanging in every direction looking like a mobile Buckaroo with all those bits-n-bobs hanging off.

DPS20K

The unladen weight of the Marco Polo is just under 2500kg. It is the maximum laden weight that is 3100kg. Speed limits are based on unladen weight. This means that whether your MP is registered as an MPV or a camper ( as is the case for 2021 models) the speed limits are 60 and 70 as per cars as far as I read it.

WillC

Guys, thanks for your responses much appreciated, glad it's the normal car speed limits saves having to deduct the 10 mile an hour difference.

Cheers

Marc o Polo

Sorry I'm late to the party... But can confirm (again) DPS20K is 100% correct!! (Registered as Motor Caravan). Speed limits are based on unladen weight.. In essence MPs are the same speed limits as cars, if anyone is still not sure or even been given a speed ticket I can assist you with chapter and verse if it helps.