Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare Wheel?

PeterChequers

So earlier today I discovered I had a slow puncture that over a couple of days had gone flat.
As I was at home it wasn’t a major drama as I was able to reflate the tyre and it held its charge long enough to drive to the tyre fitters

It did prompt me to check my spare …. to which the answer was “What Spare”

there is nothing in the well under the rear. Having had the puncture I am now keen to rectify the lack of spare but does anyone know if this a full size alloy or some sort of space saver wheel?

Also where does the jack and wheel brace live in the Marco Polo?

As i was at home I had stuff in the workshop but I couldn’t see a vehicle jack anywhere obvious.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
The spare on my 2019 MP (with 18 alloys) is a 17" steel wheel (not a space saver and I can't recall width or offset) and the jack etc are packaged into the RHS pf the boot with polystyrene inserts - if you have the factory tow bar - it's the same place as the removeable hitch. If you take a look at the realoem parts catalogue for the W477, you should be able to sort out the part numbers etc.

Out of interest, what year is your MP?

Tee

Now I haven’t done this but…. I think it’s inside the panel on the right rear side of the van. Also you may have to empty and lift the bed extension to access the jack etc in there. There is a dial on the back of the bed extension that disengages it to push it up against the seat and a strap to secure it. Then similar dials in the side panel. From there there is a cap and screwdriver slot to lower the spare above the bumper in the middle of the tailgate when open…. All per the guide. Speaking of which:

I suggest downloading the App based guide onto an iPad or similar. It’s very good, has lots of pictures and clickable links.

PeterChequers

The spare on my 2019 MP (with 18 alloys) is a 17" steel wheel (not a space saver and I can't recall width or offset) and the jack etc are packaged into the RHS pf the boot with polystyrene inserts - if you have the factory tow bar - it's the same place as the removeable hitch. If you take a look at the realoem parts catalogue for the W477, you should be able to sort out the part numbers etc.

Out of interest, what year is your MP?
2017 on a 67 plate …it’s a V250 AMG with factory fitted tow bar

Method7

there are reports of spare wheels being stolen, the attacker cuts the wire rope that is used to winch and secure the spare in place. newer models (2020 -> ) as far as I am aware don't have a spare.. our 18 plate has one.. all the stuff - as mentioned above is in the compartment RHS of the bed extender... anti theft devices can be purchased on line.