Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Space available to accommodate leisure battery

tbu

Hello

Would any current owners be able to advise me (1) what space (width/thickness/height) is available under the driver seat to accommodate the leisure battery and (2) whether there are any constraints in replacing the factory fitted battery (eg a fixed tray to secure the battery in place). As far as we can establish the factory fitted battery has dimensions of around 353/175/190 (mm). We hope to take delivery of a MP in early January and are looking at ways to optimise its off grid capability such as fitting a lithium battery.
Thanks Tom

I don’t think you can just swap the battery over to a lithium iron one? I think it needs changes to the charging system, although I am no expert.

JamesWu

You got the size right, and yes you might have to change the charger from alternator and the charger from shore power (which is next to the compressor of the fridge).
As it is different cut off voltage, not sure the central control unit would functioning, the controller cuts off appliance if voltage is lower than 12.2 (or so).

The existing set up lasts about 3 days including the fridge on constantly so I would think a solar panel would suffice,much cheaper and would not infringe the vehicle warranty, unless of course you're needs are very much more than normal usage.