Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar solution for MarcoPolo

CayenneDude

New here... from Germany, to be more precise the Bavarian Forrest National Park. We have our MarcoPolo for a few years now and it more and more turned into a day by day car but watching a fellow photography enthusiast on youtube I'm keen to get going for another expedition. But to get to the point, I'm looking for a SOLAR SOLUTION to not only constantly recharge the cars batterie but also our heavy photography gear.

Any recommendations are most welcome.

Steve B

New here... from Germany, to be more precise the Bavarian Forrest National Park. We have our MarcoPolo for a few years now and it more and more turned into a day by day car but watching a fellow photography enthusiast on youtube I'm keen to get going for another expedition. But to get to the point, I'm looking for a SOLAR SOLUTION to not only constantly recharge the cars batterie but also our heavy photography gear.

Any recommendations are most welcome.
Hi, and welcome. There is a thread on this, an installation of a 'solar camper solutions' kit, the search function will get you there. The debate is - buy a kit and know it works and is complete, or buy the components yourself and install saving a bit of cash. I would like to fit one but so far I've always had enough charge or a hook up, so seeing how this year goes before i decide.

CayenneDude

Hi, and welcome. There is a thread on this, an installation of a 'solar camper solutions' kit, the search function will get you there. The debate is - buy a kit and know it works and is complete, or buy the components yourself and install saving a bit of cash. I would like to fit one but so far I've always had enough charge or a hook up, so seeing how this year goes before i decide.
Thanks Steve. Actually, now you say it never ran out of power too.... LOL. Will have a look, thanks.

JamesWu

search my post, simple diy solution, serves me very well. I got two panels now, stored on the upstair bed when driving.

Attachments

• 32E464C6-7422-416E-B1B1-050E1FF4064D_1_105_c.jpeg
    32E464C6-7422-416E-B1B1-050E1FF4064D_1_105_c.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 83
I have to same set up been using it for over a year now with no issues , I have my fridge running permanently when parked up ,works well

I think the most ive had is about 750 wh but it goes to float, if my needs were greater that figure would he higher as its floating tge battery almost constantly some days the fridge only uses about 300 wh so once that is replaced it's floating

H & J

So if I would like to keep my battery topped up while using the fridge could 1 panel (100w) probably do the job?

Carol

Hello. Where do I get info on the Solarcampersolutions ,panels, I do like the panel fitting into the roof bar sliding rails.

RFT

Hi Carol, I've got a solar panel from Solar Camper Solutions with the Victron bluetooth controller if you want to check out mine - I'm in Southend.