Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small cap like covers on the back of front seats!

knoxwells

Hi! Please could someone tell me what the small covers on the back of the front seats are there for? I came across them sort of accidentally with a magnet in my hand and suddenly they opened up, but only with a magnet. I haven’t got a clue what they are, maybe some sort of media player?

J

j200george

VIP Member
This part maybe? Never seen one in the flesh…

IMG_5666.png

Yougotmail

I was told by a MB dealer these are for the attachment of magnetised accessories. Unsure what exactly is available, maybe a coat hanger thing or a iPad case thing or maybe a cup hold of the rear seats are close.

MP45

They are for accessories like Monitor or USB charging socket. I installed a monitor on the right and a USB charge Unit on the left one. Works great. Only hold the monitor in front of the cover and you can slide it in. It has speakers, netflix wlan etc. I use the speakers of the car with Bluetooth connected to the Monitor.

Last edited:

knoxwells

Wow! Thank you all so much for the info. I’m not a very techy sort of person so any photos of how you’ve done this would be much appreciated.

knoxwells

No, thank goodness, just took me to the website Ali express where you can purchase afore mentioned gadgets for the MP

Tobo

On my Marco Polo Sport (with kitchen) the mount openings do not seem to open, is a special magnet required or does the mount only work for Horizon models ?

knoxwells

On my Marco Polo Sport (with kitchen) the mount openings do not seem to open, is a special magnet required or does the mount only work for Horizon models ?
I should just try it with a small magnet in your hand, that’s what I did and to my surprise they opened!

Tobo

All sorted with two of the monitors from Aliexpress.
I have linked them with Apower screen sharing so the displays can be the same and a Marshall Bluetooth speaker.
Can use a netgear M1 router for YouTube, Netflix etc or play movies from a micro usb card.
Great for kids or grandkids in the back or for us when staying overnight, can also use as Android tablets with the router or WiFi.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Be nice to see some pics can you post some?

Tobo

Here's a pic of The Italian Job playing on the left screen from micro sd card mirrored to the screen on the right.
Screens can also be independent with Bluetooth headphones if kids want to watch or surf or play different things (Google, YouTube etc) I also have each screen connected to wireless mice so can operate from seats without having to lean forward.

Attachments

• 20230903_173641.jpg
    20230903_173641.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29